SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 14-08-08, 01:10 PM   #21
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Default Re: Serving notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDare View Post
Update: I have just been called into the office by my director who tells me now that she cannot let me go. A full week after handing in my notice.

She was banking on another member of staff taking over but that hasn't happened. Plus they are on holiday next week anyway so no time to train them.

I also overheard that a recruitment agency rang earlier this week to tout for business and was told the company was fully staffed by my director.

I have already signed the new contract with my future employer. It is with the MOD and is not easily changeable. It is a life changing job that I cannot afford to miss.

I had worked out that I had 4 days due holiday which effectively takes me from 2 to 3 weeks notice.

I am being bullied something rotten now for not staying.
Document the bullying when you have a few good recorded incidents walk out and tell them you are suing for Constructive Dismissal, which I believe you CAN get even if you have handed in your notice.

Also did you have the agreement to go in writing? If so just leave - if not, try and get it in writing that she had agreed but is now changing her mind - email her in a way that means she has to reply in detail - so no closed questions.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote