SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-08-08, 12:26 AM   #21
ooger

Default Re: Dogs B*ll***s

Mr Vinster spent 24 hours on the sofa after his op.

He was pretty silent but feeling the drugs wear off after a while I think.

He was OK until you went and showed him any attention, after that he would just look at you and cry and wimper, woefully, until you walked away. At which point he would stop.

Little Git

He's amazing now, he loves everyone equally. Mainly me.

To compare like with like Shelly - my sister had her Springer done 9 months ago, and he's as mad now as he was before. We think he's a bit "special" though.
Old 10-08-08, 08:25 AM   #22
600+

It's a Springer Spaniel!! They are the type of dog that wants to run all day long and hence the excitement.

I have had Kasper neutered but he is a cross, rescue dog and indeed this was for not having Cancer issues etc.

I would double check though if I was you with the Springer Spaniel club as I believe that for this particular breed other problems might arise after castrating him. All vets (or at least most of them) will advise you to go ahead with it but I would defo speak to the owners club first!

With regards to the op - when Kasper had it he was a bit dizzy for the day but after that he was back to his old good self from the next day! He didn't get anymore quiet and he still hamps almost anything that moves........so this might not be the solution to your problems
Old 10-08-08, 09:45 AM   #23
markmoto

shell its abit of a myth that cutting a dogs danglies off calms them down, more often than not it doesnt work, think how bad you will feel if you get that done to him and he is the same or worse he might get depressed lol. Seriously though do some research with other spaniel owners not the vet as the vet will tell you its a good idea as they are getting paid for it . My skips abit nuts but i just couldnt get his nads cut off he would never forgive me, and i very much doubt it would change him at all.
Old 10-08-08, 10:17 AM   #24
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Ahhh ya all making me feel bad for doing it.

I also thinking of cancer in years to come ..... gonna post on Springers Forum later and do some research. I will only do what's best for my baby.
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-08, 10:28 AM   #25
markmoto

Cancer? shell dogs have had danglies since there have been dogs having them doesnt make a dog more prone to it, im sure you will do whats best for samson
Old 10-08-08, 11:06 AM   #26
600+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mototech View Post
Cancer? shell dogs have had danglies since there have been dogs having them doesnt make a dog more prone to it, im sure you will do whats best for samson
Actually it does! But not on all dogs and sometimes you need to balance that risk with "other" things that can happen.

Having danglies means that there is something to get cancer - no danglies = 1 less thing to get cancer on.

Do your research and then decide
Old 10-08-08, 11:15 AM   #27
markmoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600+ View Post
Actually it does! But not on all dogs and sometimes you need to balance that risk with "other" things that can happen.

Having danglies means that there is something to get cancer - no danglies = 1 less thing to get cancer on.

Do your research and then decide
Ok so it wont get ball cancer due to it not having any but what about ever other type of cancer?? its not a reason to cut anything off a dog no more than it is a human, you wouldnt cut your nads off just so you wouldnt get it would you , there has to be other bonefidey reasons behind it i,e the main reason was to call him down wasnt it? if this is guaranteed then great but if its not which i would suspect it isnt then why put him through the pain and discomfort? like you say the spaniel owners club if a good starting place for advice.
Old 10-08-08, 05:26 PM   #28
rigor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellywoozle View Post
Ahhhh well I am finally doing it ..... Samson is not going to be my friend next Friday.

I have booked him into the vets to have his nuts removed

Does it defo calm them down ??? Will I have a calm Springer Spaniel or an angry one
If you are not showing him or breeding from him it is the best thing you can do for him We had Lupo "done" at 11 months old and he not only calmed down, he is nowhere near as dominant. Its not an overall fix for hyperactive or unruley dogs but it certainly helps as well as keeping up with current training.

Also if you ever get a 2nd dog it takes away a lot of problems there and also will stop him getting so stressed if there is a bitch in season nearby. Plus it takes away the risk of cancer when he is older.

Sammy
Old 10-08-08, 05:28 PM   #29
rigor

http://www.apbc.org.uk/article4.htm

Also why do people feel that they don't want to neuter their dogs but its perfectly ok to send their bitch in for spaying when its a much more risky procedure??

Sammy
Old 10-08-08, 06:03 PM   #30
appollo1
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellywoozle View Post
Ahhhh well I am finally doing it ..... Samson is not going to be my friend next Friday.

I have booked him into the vets to have his nuts removed

Does it defo calm them down ??? Will I have a calm Springer Spaniel or an angry one

Shelly
How could you!! Poor samson !!
appollo1 is offline   Reply With Quote