SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 29-09-08, 02:46 PM   #21
Ceebl

Default Re: Curvy running funny :(

yeh gd call actually! i noticed my own choke gets a tad sticky sometimes, although for me its a matter of putting it on full then yankin the handlebar lever control hard-off and it frees up lol, each to their own, my next bike may be fuel injected after this one hahaha
Old 29-09-08, 09:22 PM   #22
Dave20046
Mega Poster

I don;t want to speak too soon but this is possibly a big fat smile smiley moment. Just done in the garage, I was just preparing to take the carbs out when I thought I'd have another go at the top (more seized of the two) rear carb plunger, moleys kept slipping off it so I fannied around for a bit trying to get the carbs out, then I went back to the plunger screw with a junior hack saw to try and make it flathead screwdirver worthy as carb removals such a pig... when I realised it had moved from when I last attacked it with the saw...eureka moment; the moleys hadn't actually slipped on the last attempt I just handn't noticed with my frustration. Managed to backout the screw with a flathead and took the plunger out..it was a bit of a mess. I cleaned it all with carb cleaner, worked it in with white grease and then washed it all down with posh wd40 stuff/penetrant/fork grease. Took the spring out worked it in, stretched it very slightly as it was a bit fubarred and put it back together. Stil couldn't get to the other one so I absolutely drowned the splitter in posh WD then packed it with white grease and worked it...and suddenly the carb lever moved all the way. Worked it all in for 5 minutes and put it all back together. Started it up and it was completely different on tick over and I actually had a choke. However at first it stalled and felt a bit boggy almost backfiring. As it got warmer it got a bit better but I couldn't blast it out properly as it's in an elderly woman's garage and my can's really loud. So fingers crossed the boggyness was just carbcleaner/white grease/penetrant working its way out. Can't wait til tomorrow to see whether it's fixed and perhaps even go for a ride!
boo ya

Last edited by Dave20046; 29-09-08 at 09:24 PM.
Dave20046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-08, 08:08 AM   #23
Ceebl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
Can't wait til tomorrow to see whether it's fixed and perhaps even go for a ride!
boo ya
haha good luck! hope its sorted!!!
Old 30-09-08, 08:29 AM   #24
Grinch

Cool.
Old 30-09-08, 08:52 AM   #25
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Will let you know how I get on.
Thanks for all your input every one!