SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 26-05-05, 01:09 PM   #21
tigersaw
Mega Poster

I bought a raid II befoe that article came out - so I was unbiased - but having tried most helmets on in the store it was the one I felt most comfortable with. Several weeks later I'm still very happy with it.
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-05, 02:08 PM   #22
Nekkid

I've got an HJC FG-14. Seriously good value for money at £150. Also, HJC have a deeper chin bar than most others and the little elastic skirt thingy under the front.
Old 26-05-05, 02:30 PM   #23
MavUK

OK after a bit of searching on the net got my shopping list...

Helmets

Shoie Raid 2
Shoie XR1000
HJC AC-11

(I'll try other s as well, but these are the ones I want to find...)

Gloves:

Dianesse Guanto Speed Knuckles
Dianesse Guanto Speed Metal
AplineStars GP-Plus

I know finding glies is going to be an issue as I need XS and almost nobody stocks them

Again if I see others i like I'll try them, but these are the ones I am looking for.

I'll let you know what I find...
Old 26-05-05, 03:15 PM   #24
hall13uk

glove wise- alpine gp pros are good i have a pair only one down side u will before cleaning them with leather cleaner & its costly that stuff
Old 26-05-05, 04:52 PM   #25
kwak zzr

i got one of those hjc's after reading ride mag, can't go wrong for £100 it has the best lining and fit for any lid around £100 mark,just depends on how much you want to spend?
daz
Old 26-05-05, 06:56 PM   #26
DeeJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by hall13uk
glove wise- alpine gp pros are good i have a pair only one down side u will before cleaning them with leather cleaner & its costly that stuff
And they mean that some people cannot move their little finger properly due to the fact that your last 2 fingers are tied together... my little finger needs to click when i wear them... but i can't move it enough to get it to click....

They look the Doggz Dangly's though....
Old 01-06-05, 06:38 AM   #27
MavUK

Well got the Raid II and wore it for the first time today.

Wow, what a difference between my old Shark and this. It's that comfortable / light you don't know you have it on after a few mins.

Only one gripe so far and that's wind noise. I was hoping it was going to be quieter than my shark. It's about the same on the motorway- akthough around town I can hear far more background noise - heared cars quite easily, which I couldn't do in the shark.

Picking up the Guanto Speed Metal glove hopefully this week - the shop had to call around to find some in my size as I have little hands makes buying glives a nightmare...
Old 01-06-05, 07:57 AM   #28
DeeJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavUK

Picking up the Guanto Speed Metal glove hopefully this week - the shop had to call around to find some in my size as I have little hands makes buying glives a nightmare...
I bet you struggle to find Gloves too!!
Old 01-06-05, 08:57 AM   #29
MavUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeJay
Quote:
Originally Posted by MavUK

I bet you struggle to find Gloves too!!
Did I mention I can't spell...