SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-10-06, 11:44 AM   #21
Jimmy2Feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by socommk23
i always listem to my mp3 on the bike. its never impared my riding. just keep doing your mirror checks etc and be aware of your surroundings and all is well. in my experience.
I think this is the key!
as long as you keep your witts about you all the time then there is not a problem,
i listen to my ipod nearly all the time, unless its a stupid little ride, i have never had a problem, you just have to check your mirrors all the time do your life saver checks when its needed and as long as you think then think again b4 doing anything then there is no prob IMO.
at the end of the day i bet you all have the radio/CD opn in the car (for thoes of you that also drive) there is no difference in my opinion!!
plus for the people that were saying that not being able to change volume for different conditions, thats what inline remotes are for, wonderfull things, they just clip onto colar of jacket and hay presto you can pause, play, skip track, and change volume!!!!!

Vondaba!!!!!
Old 24-10-06, 11:50 AM   #22
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Only used it once and that was on the motorway in France to break up the tedium. Problem was that because of the wind blast I could here feck all, so I turned it off!
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-06, 12:28 PM   #23
socommk23

i got sony in ear type phones....work wonders....can sing along to my hearts content at any speed.
Old 24-10-06, 12:36 PM   #24
Kate

Quote:
i got sony in ear type phones....work wonders....can sing along to my hearts content at any speed.
Exactly what I've got, in fact they are in use right now!
Old 24-10-06, 12:42 PM   #25
BillyC
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate
Quote:
Exactly what I've got, in fact they are in use right now!
Me too!
Old 24-10-06, 12:49 PM   #26
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by glade
i've got a sony walkman phone. i find that i can have it loud enough to hear but not loud enough to drown out everything else. Fine for filtering in traffic, but you can't hear the music too well at motorway speeds. fortunately i only have a 4 minute blast down a dual carriageway on my commute.

Look up the sony erikson headphones. they are like no other i've seen... like a rubber ear plug with a speaker. its actually very quiet but you can hear it in the ear... good for listening in the office without annoying anyone.

unless you're and idiot and have it too loud the worst thing about riding with music is that you get the buzz of the music and it might make you go a bit faster
yep, been there on there on the M4...filtering and the Prodigy dont mix...well they do, but i was just lucky i suppose! As for the Ear bud type earphones, there are plenty out there that are better than the Erricsson. Sony MDR74's are my fav
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-06, 12:55 PM   #27
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney
Quote:
Originally Posted by glade
i've got a sony walkman phone. i find that i can have it loud enough to hear but not loud enough to drown out everything else. Fine for filtering in traffic, but you can't hear the music too well at motorway speeds. fortunately i only have a 4 minute blast down a dual carriageway on my commute.

Look up the sony erikson headphones. they are like no other i've seen... like a rubber ear plug with a speaker. its actually very quiet but you can hear it in the ear... good for listening in the office without annoying anyone.

unless you're and idiot and have it too loud the worst thing about riding with music is that you get the buzz of the music and it might make you go a bit faster
yep, been there on there on the M4...filtering and the Prodigy dont mix...well they do, but i was just lucky i suppose! As for the Ear bud type earphones, there are plenty out there that are better than the Erricsson. Sony MDR74's are my fav
Well I use mine all the time, not been a problem.

As for bad songs - Bodies by Drowning Pool - nought to ban in about 10 seconds

David

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-06, 12:58 PM   #28
Ter

Quote:
i always listem to my mp3 on the bike. its never impared my riding. just keep doing your mirror checks etc and be aware of your surroundings and all is well. in my experience.
Same here,

never had a moment due to the music!!

Was a little difficult to hear everything the copper said when pulled over for 'good riding, just a bit too fast round the roundabout...'

Old 24-10-06, 01:31 PM   #29
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Personaly i never liked having my music direct into my ear canal, always made me feel a little "detached" from the world. So for the bike i buried my headphones into the lining of my lid and off i went.
Upto about 40mph the music was clear enough, after that the lovely sound of the bike. Best of both worlds really. The fact they werent in my ears also meat other noises could get in so i was not so detached.
Only sopped using it cos i broke one of the earpieces and haven got new ones yet.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-06, 01:33 PM   #30
BillyC
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ter
Was a little difficult to hear everything the copper said when pulled over for 'good riding, just a bit too fast round the roundabout...'

At least that's what you thought he said... just keep nodding!