SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Moto GP Goto Moto GP Official Site

Old 22-04-07, 02:49 PM   #21
Razor

Default Re: MotoGP Istanbul - 22 April - chat here, may contain spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrosa View Post
Kawasaki mechanic call to my motorhome and apologise for forget put brake fluid in Olivier bike! Ouch I hurt but not being too bad.
Saw that.
Never mind you're a very nice bloke for protecting Vermuelen's Suzuki like that. Well done!
Old 22-04-07, 05:19 PM   #22
falc

That was a damn good race, the overtaking in the front pack was mad, though the funniest bit has to be that the suzuki rode on top of the pedrosa's honda in that crash, so Vermeulen just picked it up and kept on going, so random
Old 22-04-07, 05:27 PM   #23
The Basket

An excellent race. Istanbul is such a great race track that I hope they race there next year

The third place race was just nerve shattering...really superb.

Poor old Rossi...he can't complain about Elias coz he did it to Hopper. Banging fairings was par for the course.

Edwards was going backwards very quickly and that crash seemed to put him out of his misery.
Old 22-04-07, 07:27 PM   #24
Well Oiled

As I saw it the original cause of that pile up was ..... Valentino. When he ran wide the two Dukes and Hopper zoomed past and a few others were all trying to get past as they approached the next corner, which messed up the lines of the followers, including Jacque, who caught Pedrosa and Roberts.

Yep - very neat the way Vermuelen's bike just perched on top of Pedrosa's and just slid off as it stopped to a nice position for him to pick it up and carry on - bet they couldn't do that again if they tried. Dani was bloody lucky not to end up underneath both of 'em.

Cracking battle for the last podium position.
Old 22-04-07, 07:59 PM   #25
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well Oiled View Post
As I saw it the original cause of that pile up was ..... Valentino.
I thought that to.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-07, 09:53 PM   #26
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
I thought that to.
I thought that might be the case as well when I first saw it.

But, the simple fact is OJ just didn't brake for the corner !!

Have to say CS rode a superb race (God, it's painful for me to type that especially as he rides a D****i) but, credit where its due.

What happened to Vale ? Mechanical fault ? Dodgy tyre ?

As for the 250's - well good for Dovi !! The last few laps were breathtaking.

Interesting to see the body language post-race - Dovi & Bautista chatting away whilst waiting for the podium presentation with Lorenzo just sitting there ignoring them - sulky, spoilt brat syndrome perhaps ? Or could he be modelling himself on Max Biaggi circa 2000 - 2004 ?

Good race for Bradley Smith too in the 125's - shame he got 'mugged' at the last corner which cost him 2 places - but still 8th is nothing to be ashamed of.
Old 22-04-07, 10:32 PM   #27
Well Oiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervox View Post
I thought that might be the case as well when I first saw it.

But, the simple fact is OJ just didn't brake for the corner !!
Oh aye - true enough, Jacque's control was at fault and he's the culprit, but the mess at that corner was a follow on from what happened at the previous one. Not Rossi's fault but the crash had it's origins in him running wide.
Old 22-04-07, 10:46 PM   #28
weazelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Basket View Post
An excellent race. Istanbul is such a great race track that I hope they race there next year
apparently Bernie Ecclestone has just acquired the lease on the circuit & motogp won't be going back next year. not sure if/how the two are connected though
Old 23-04-07, 07:48 AM   #29
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrosa View Post
Kawasaki mechanic call to my motorhome and apologise for forget put brake fluid in Olivier bike! Ouch I hurt but not being too bad. Yamaha work on engine not able to see for full race distance as Mr.Rossi have problems I surprise see him complain about Toni Elias? How many time Valentino go past peoples liking this?

Marco ride ride very hot and make a lot places up,but me thinking this track very good for Bridgestone,no? Not all be like this.

Please tell Peter Henry I not hurt so bad and he not be so worrying about me.

250 race very exciting again and anyone not be watching Jorge,Alvaro and Mr.Dovizioso...them crazy.
125's and 250's were great. In many ways more exciting than the main event!

Have to give it to Vermeulen - Came off in the OJ incident - bike slide into the gravel on top of Pedrosa's bike, got back on and still finished in the points!

Also great rides from Elias and Barros.
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-07, 08:40 AM   #30
weazelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemillar View Post
Have to give it to Vermeulen - Came off in the OJ incident - bike slide into the gravel on top of Pedrosa's bike, got back on and still finished in the points!
I think he got fastest lap of the race too - in the penultimate lap!