SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 15-02-10, 12:40 PM   #3051
krhall

Default Re: The running thread!

No Flymo, you're right. It was a big climb but not sure I was climbing for 6 miles, although once you do a steep climb a slight incline feels flat, looks like a mountain in the garmin but not actually a mountain although it is the north downs!
Old 15-02-10, 01:29 PM   #3052
stewie

Hey guys,got back from Brize last night after my first weekend of basic training, managed to do the required amount of presss ups and sit ups but missed out on the bleep test by less than 20 mtrs, needed to get up to level 7.1 or above, actually managed 7.4 but was marked down to 7.0 for some reason, anyway no biggie, Ive got 3 months to boost my training for the main one in may, plus got my training dates for the year and Im free for the cardiff half, dunno if anyone is going to be up for it or not.
Old 15-02-10, 07:23 PM   #3053
sarah

I could be persuaded to do Cardiff half. I can't think of a better way to celebrate my birthday
Old 16-02-10, 08:40 AM   #3054
Purplevamp

I ran 8.5 miles on Saturday and i have decided im going to take it steady for a bit and not increase my distance anymore for a week or so.
I jumped from running 5.5 miles to 8 quite quickly and i know im pushing myself in the last mile and a half.
Nut if i run trhe 8.5 miles for a week or two i think i will be ready to up again then.
Old 16-02-10, 09:35 AM   #3055
krhall

Oh no, someone else has been bitten by the running bug...

The more you run the more you need new running shoes, at least that's what I say!

In the last 3 years I have swapped Patrick Cox for Asics and Armani for Ron Hill & Adidas...

Recently I have even been found wearing tracksuit bottoms out on two occasions, as they are "comfy" after a run!
Old 16-02-10, 10:07 AM   #3056
flymo
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhall View Post
...Recently I have even been found wearing tracksuit bottoms out on two occasions, as they are "comfy" after a run!
You're turning into a scouser.....calm down calm down. You'll be walking to the shops in your PJs next.
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-10, 12:17 PM   #3057
krhall

Quote:
Originally Posted by flymo View Post
You're turning into a scouser.....
Nooooooooooooooooooo!

Anyway, I said Tracksuit and not Shell Suit!
Old 16-02-10, 12:18 PM   #3058
Stig

Guess what. Still not been for a run. It's one thing after another at the moment. After spending all day Saturday outside fitting cambelt and alternator belt I managed to get myself quite a heavy chest cold. Also moving Thursday/Friday so very busy in the house. Running has taken a back seat for the time being.
Old 16-02-10, 12:19 PM   #3059
krhall

Might not be a bad thing anyway mate, you'll be hungry for a run and enjoy getting back to it!
Old 16-02-10, 12:34 PM   #3060
Stig

I hate the rapid decline in performance. It's demoralizing. I would much prefer to be running consistanty even if it were just a couple runs a week. Never mind. Once the move is over I have the enjoyment of finding new routes to run. So not all bad.