SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 31-08-11, 03:27 PM   #301
sputnik

Default Re: Bibio's Sunday Bimbles

Lance - really sorry to hear that (especially as I've only made it to one so far!). Hope it's nothing grim and that you'll still be out and about in a non-organising capacity.
sputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-11, 03:57 PM   #302
Bibio
Mega Poster

don't worry its nothing grim
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-11, 08:34 PM   #303
Terah

Sorry to hear that mate - the 1.5 bimbles I've made it to so far were great.
Old 03-09-11, 11:45 PM   #304
Bibio
Mega Poster

to be honest with you all i have been thinking of stopping the runs for ages as i'm starting to find it stressful about the responsibility of minding a group. i know i sounds silly but if anything were to happen to someone on one of my runs i would not forgive myself. i might do a few next year but at the moment i'm stressed out enough without having the safty of others to contend with.

if someone wants to step up to the mark and take over then by all means do so, just because i'm not organising the bimbles it shouldent stop the rest of you getting together.
Old 04-09-11, 08:35 AM   #305
Terah

Am doing a bit of work this morning but might take a run over the Duke's Pass later on if anyone's interested?
Old 13-06-13, 08:11 PM   #306
Bibio
Mega Poster

Dear ecossers,

i have pretty much ironed out my problems. so starting from this Sunday 16/06/2013 the bimbles shall resume.

if you want to come along then meet place is at South Queensferry Mcdonalds at 09:30-10:30 unless otherwise stated.

it's not a race or a willy waving contest. it's about a nice day out in the company of others taking breaks around every 30 miles or so or if there happens to be a stunning view/something interesting we will be stopping.

if you have to be back coz mummy said to be home for a certain time then this is probably not for you as some of the runs will be well over 300 miles and 10+ hours. so look at the run for that day and decide if you want to come.

petrol - make sure you have a full tank at the start as i make the petrol stop distances from the start and are usually around 100-150 miles.

money - for petrol and i stop for coffee breaks, lunch and sometimes T depending on distances and time.

recovery - no i'm not fixing your bike so make sure that you have breakdown cover.

antisocial behaviour - its never happened but you never know. if it does you will be told to 0898 dooone.

group riding. you will be riding in a group so please be aware of others around you. if found not to be paying attention then you will be told to 0898 dooone.

i take no responsibility for your actions. if you crash its your own fault and in no way will i be held responsible for anything in part or in whole.

Lance

Last edited by Bibio; 18-06-13 at 07:26 PM.
Old 13-06-13, 08:16 PM   #307
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

I'd have to bring a jerry can to get 150 miles. Should be up for this if the weather's nice, which it looks like it will be
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-13, 08:24 PM   #308
fenjer

*hurrah!*

Tho I probably wont join for full runs I might be able to pop along to the 'Ferry to say hiya.

Old 13-06-13, 08:26 PM   #309
AJC

At BSB this Sunday but will defo catch you up for some over the summer!...
Old 13-06-13, 08:35 PM   #310
Bibio
Mega Poster

everyone is welcome to do part or whole or even just come along to the start for a gab.

for those that cant make 150 miles on a tank of petrol can you please say when i post the route up.

if you have a Garmin or TomTom spaznav then i suggest you get a program called TYRE http://www.tyretotravel.com/download-tyre/ you only need the free one. once installed you can copy and paste the route into the program and then send it to your spaznav. if you would like to know how to do this then PM me and i'll go threw it with you.

so without further ado here is the route for this Sunday 16/06/2013

http://goo.gl/maps/RAoAx

point 'I' is petrol and lunch. 118 miles

forecast is overcast/sunny with a few scattered showers.

Last edited by Bibio; 14-06-13 at 02:04 PM.