SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 17-08-08, 10:29 PM   #301
Ed

Default Re: Marches Meander - Sunday 17 August

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideboy View Post
yes i am a slut, drew and lily have gone to bed (think they are doing it)

You peeping tom
Old 17-08-08, 10:53 PM   #302
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post

You peeping tom
no we can hear it and hovis is hiding in there wardrobe with a walky talky

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-08, 11:27 PM   #303
kwak zzr

lol lmao
Old 18-08-08, 08:37 AM   #304
lily

I knew i should not have gone to bed and left you two downstairs!!!!!!!!!!

Never staying at our house again....... should of made you ride all the way back home in the rain when you were tried!!!!!!!!!!
Old 18-08-08, 09:43 AM   #305
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily View Post
I knew i should not have gone to bed and left you two downstairs!!!!!!!!!!

Never staying at our house again....... should of made you ride all the way back home in the rain when you were tried!!!!!!!!!!
never?

Old 18-08-08, 10:04 AM   #306
lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
never?

maybe YOU can then! but not that widepants he is trouble!!!!!
Old 18-08-08, 10:14 AM   #307
Ed

Few reflections...

Great crowd at Shrewsbury... set off, me in the lead, I didn't know what speed to ride at cos I knew that some had got caught up at the lights at the A5 roundabout. It wasn't long though before Karl came past, followed by Bluepete, Nemo, Girth, Neeja and Hovis. That was to become a familiar theme... The A49 was surprisingly traffic free and what there was was easily dispensed with. Junction at Craven Arms - don't think anyone went wrong. Neil (I think) was marking it.

I love the ride up through Corvedale. Those 40 limits are a bit irritating though. It was great to look in the mirror on the long sweeping bends and see 15 - 20 bikes behind. The second half of the road is much straighter, with inevitable results Neil shot past, well I don't know how fast but if he had wings the bike would have been airborne Hovis marked the junction at the A458 and we all got to Quatt OK. Met up with SHStroller 68 and tj2 there.

On leaving Quatt this CB1300 flew past me going up the hill back to Bridgie, and I wasn't hanging around... it was Terry... good to see you We had a few marker issues... the left at the roundabout down to Ludlow wasn't marked and Lily went wrong. Need to think about this... that road TBH is not ideal, it's perhaps too tight and twisty for so many bikes, I think I overtook 3 tractors, the road was muddy and gravelly, and there are too many hidden turnings with poor vsibility. So for a rerun that needs some thought but there aren't many options to get over to Leominster, except going further down the A458 to Kidderminster and then the A456, so it's a bit main roady. Anyhow the twistiness didn't put off most... I wasn't long on the B4384 when some bikes came past at warp speed, well look who it wasn't, Karl, Bluepete, Nemo, Girth, Neeja and Hovis... and guys, you covered me in sheep sh!t Ewwwwww

On the A49, Hovis stopped in a layby. Needed a leak nice public place you chose!! Everyone found the OK Diner, the service was slow and so we had to hang around a bit too much and the wasps were a nuisance. Setting off onto the A44, no Karl, he left for home . So this time I was overtaken by... Bluepete Nemo, Girth, Neeja and Hovis... The A44 is just perfect, fast, open, flowing, but very twisty, although I got held up behind an ancient Renault Megane in the double white lined twisties, didn't put off somebody who overtook me (safely I might add)... will remain nameless!! Past the Renault, enjoying the bends and minding my own business when I saw the air ambo, it had just taken off. Round the next bend and sure enough the road was closed. Someone (not one of us) had come off in the hairpins. We waited about 15 mins and the police reopened the road, very gingerly through the hairpins and yep there was a large unfaired bike in a very sorry state. Rider apparently broke both legs when he hit the armco...

Quick refuelling stop at the Cross Gates, then back up the magnificent A488. Guess who overtook...

Came round one bend and there was Neil (and the other Neil, on his Thunderace) parked up - I went past, caught up with him at Knighton. He'd hit some gravel, bike went sideways into the bank, kept it upright. Photo on the photo section.

Back to Daryl's house, tea & biccies

Great day. Everyone very well behaved, no knobbery and Lily didn't feel overwhelmed, just a terrific day out. So enjoyed it. Need to think about markers a bit more, and a better way back to Ludlow.

Thanks all
Old 18-08-08, 10:27 AM   #308
hovis

nice read.

this is probaly the best ride out i have been on, great roads and the pace was also good,

on the downside (as ed said) was marking, some people were simply not marking junctions, i found myself (and a few others) doing drop offs, when we were 4-6 bikes behind the leader, this lead to some junctions not being marked.

ed did explain where to go at each stop, but all junctions should still be marked.

anywho....... thanks ed for all the planning
Old 18-08-08, 10:50 AM   #309
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
nice read.

this is probaly the best ride out i have been on, great roads and the pace was also good,

on the downside (as ed said) was marking, some people were simply not marking junctions, i found myself (and a few others) doing drop offs, when we were 4-6 bikes behind the leader, this lead to some junctions not being marked.

ed did explain where to go at each stop, but all junctions should still be marked.

anywho....... thanks ed for all the planning
+1 very good day

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-08, 10:50 AM   #310
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

glad you all had a good time..

shame Hovis was there xx