SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 14-03-10, 02:45 PM   #3151
krhall

Default Re: The running thread!

Get in there PV, that's quite some run! Well done - now don't forget a rest day (or two)...no run for me, less pain though,except for my back.
Old 14-03-10, 02:51 PM   #3152
Ed

It has not been a good day in our house. Mothers Day always end up in rows and tears. I cancelled goling to Loch Fyne, I've cancelled Fathers Day, and I'm cancelling Mothers Day for next year.

I was going to go for a run at 11 but I'm only now about to go, I had to calm the storm and go to bloody Sainsbos to get some food given that we didn't go out to lunch. Just going to get changed but I've missed the best part of the day now.

One very, very fed up Ed.
Old 14-03-10, 02:52 PM   #3153
krhall

have a run for me mate - I miss it!
Old 14-03-10, 03:16 PM   #3154
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplevamp View Post
Well my long run went well yesterday. I completed my first half maraton distance.
Actually run 13.30 miles in 2 hours 28 mins, and that had 11 horrid hills in it too! So im quite chuffed with that time.

I was totaly shattered afterwards and shaking, i drank a liter of water as soon as i got in and had something to eat. Almost fell asleep in the bath after too lol.
Wow, that's brilliant!

What drink/fuel did you take with you?
Old 14-03-10, 03:37 PM   #3155
Purplevamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
Wow, that's brilliant!

What drink/fuel did you take with you?
Im ashamed to say i didnt take anything with me, but i have learned my lesson the hard way lol.
I will invest in running drinks bottle.
Old 14-03-10, 03:43 PM   #3156
sarah

Quote:
Im ashamed to say i didnt take anything with me, but i have learned my lesson the hard way lol.
I will invest in running drinks bottle.
I took a 500ml bottle of lucozade sport with me for my 12 miler today, was about the right quantity for me.

Sometimes I take a sugar free electrolyte drink and jelly sweets. Either seems to work ok for me.

It's annoying having to carry stuff on a run though. I bought a bum bag so I can carry a drink, sweets, phone, gloves, long-sleeved top etc for longer runs.
Old 14-03-10, 03:46 PM   #3157
Purplevamp

How do you find running with all that to carry, i get annoyed with my front door key in my pocket lol.
Old 14-03-10, 04:00 PM   #3158
sarah

Quote:
How do you find running with all that to carry, i get annoyed with my front door key in my pocket lol.
I hated it to start with. But I don't like having to hold a bottle so a bumbag was the best thing for me. I'm kinda used to it now though.
Old 14-03-10, 04:22 PM   #3159
Purplevamp

Yes , i cant say as i would want to carry something all the time while running. But a bum bag with a drink sloshing arround doesnt thrill me either lol.
Only way to find out whats going to suit me best is to try both i guess .
Old 14-03-10, 04:27 PM   #3160
sarah

Quote:
Yes , i cant say as i would want to carry something all the time while running. But a bum bag with a drink sloshing arround doesnt thrill me either lol.
Only way to find out whats going to suit me best is to try both i guess .
Yup! No point buying a bag if you are happy with carrying a bottle.

I only take a bum bag for longer runs: 10/12 miles plus. Has been handy when it's been colder so I can stick my gloves and a spare layer in it. And I always take my phone with me for longer runs as I have a habit of getting lost and being late home!!