SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 14-03-10, 04:28 PM   #3161
sarah

Default Re: The running thread!

I'm trying to work out what to take for the marathon. I think I'm gonna want to have my phone and few small bits and bobs, might have to buy a small bag.
Old 14-03-10, 04:30 PM   #3162
Purplevamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
Yup! No point buying a bag if you are happy with carrying a bottle.

I only take a bum bag for longer runs: 10/12 miles plus. Has been handy when it's been colder so I can stick my gloves and a spare layer in it. And I always take my phone with me for longer runs as I have a habit of getting lost and being late home!!
Well my phone always goes with me as its my music lol.
Only got lost once, but i gues when i plan other routes i will get lost again hehe.
Old 14-03-10, 04:31 PM   #3163
Purplevamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
I'm trying to work out what to take for the marathon. I think I'm gonna want to have my phone and few small bits and bobs, might have to buy a small bag.
Im am so motivated by you doing the full Marathon.
I have been watching the Eddie Izzard Marathon Man programme, and its very inspiring.
I would love to do a full marathon, maybe next year i will have a go, but i will settle for the half marathon this year i think lol.
Old 14-03-10, 04:41 PM   #3164
barwel1992

started running last week to lose weight as im a lard ass at the moment

have only been running on a running mashine but its a start so far have been doing 4 5minute intervals so running at 9.5kmh for 5minuts then fast walk at 7kmh and repeat the proces again have been doing it every other day not actuly running that far at the moment only 2.75km, hoping to be able to run the fill 20min by april

PS im not exactly fit lol weigh just under 17ston 6ft carrying lots of fat
Old 14-03-10, 04:45 PM   #3165
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplevamp View Post
Im am so motivated by you doing the full Marathon.
I have been watching the Eddie Izzard Marathon Man programme, and its very inspiring.
I would love to do a full marathon, maybe next year i will have a go, but i will settle for the half marathon this year i think lol.
I haven't watched that. Is it on iplayer?

I am really looking forward to the marathon. Only 6 weeks to go
Old 14-03-10, 05:05 PM   #3166
Purplevamp

Its on BBC 3 so it should be on there yes.
Im sure you will do well on the Marathon.
Old 14-03-10, 05:10 PM   #3167
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by barwel1992 View Post
started running last week to lose weight as im a lard ass at the moment

have only been running on a running mashine but its a start so far have been doing 4 5minute intervals so running at 9.5kmh for 5minuts then fast walk at 7kmh and repeat the proces again have been doing it every other day not actuly running that far at the moment only 2.75km, hoping to be able to run the fill 20min by april

PS im not exactly fit lol weigh just under 17ston 6ft carrying lots of fat
Well done you!!! The hard thing is to get off your ass in the first place, the rest becomes a lot easier - the hardest step is the one off the couch. Please do keep at it!!!

Sara & PV - I'm ashamed to say that I don't run with a drink. I don't like the feel of the fluid sloshing around. Instead, if I'm doing a really long run (12+) I will bring some money to buy a carton of Ribena. When I start marathon training next month (I know if I have a place in US Marine Corps Marathon on April 7) then I will start off with 10 milers, increase to 12 milers by running from home to the shop at Montford Bridge, and as it gets longer I will run to MB, stop for a drink, run on to Nesscliffe and back to MB, stop and drink, and then home. I will be so disappointed if I don't get a place in USMCM - if I don't, I will aim to do another US marathon, probably Seattle in November. I've never been to the west coast. A bit extravagant to go, but it's plan B, and this would be our holiday as we're not going anywhere in the summer.

Today I ran 11 miles to Bicton and back, with a little few extra bits to make up the eleven. No stellar times, deliberately aimed to be slow, and my Garmin battery needed a recharge - dammit - but I reckoned on about 9min miling, maybe slightly longer, up to 9m15s/mile.

After the morning I had, it was a relief to be out the house All seems peaceful on my return, I think they've made it up
Old 14-03-10, 05:21 PM   #3168
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
Well done you!!! The hard thing is to get off your ass in the first place, the rest becomes a lot easier - the hardest step is the one off the couch. Please do keep at it!!!
+1!

Quote:
Sara & PV - I'm ashamed to say that I don't run with a drink. I don't like the feel of the fluid sloshing around. Instead, if I'm doing a really long run (12+) I will bring some money to buy a carton of Ribena.
I'm not organised enough to work runs around shops!!

Also, I tend to have a bit of drink every three miles. I find that it helps to break the run up into manageable chunks.
Old 14-03-10, 05:24 PM   #3169
Purplevamp

See im one who doesnt want to stop. Mostly because i feel like a failure lol.
I have it in my head that if i stop i have not done the run without interuptions. Therefore i failed!
Stupid i know.
Old 14-03-10, 07:16 PM   #3170
barwel1992

Quote:
Cheers

i played squash before and lost 2 stone but then stopped playing and then went to college and gave up on any sport, so just trying to get down to a respectable weight