SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-03-10, 10:34 PM   #3171
flymo
Mega Poster

Default Re: The running thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplevamp View Post
See im one who doesnt want to stop. Mostly because i feel like a failure lol.
I have it in my head that if i stop i have not done the run without interuptions. Therefore i failed!
Stupid i know.
Not stupid at all, thats a good mental attitude to run with.

Popped out for a cheeky 6 miles tonight, great feeling.
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-10, 10:56 PM   #3172
sarah

I did 3.6 miles this evening with my OH. I am v proud of him, he managed the whole distance without stopping or walking (or complaining)
Old 17-03-10, 01:06 AM   #3173
barwel1992

still only doing 2.75km but managed to run/jog constantly instead of run,walk (fast),run,walk(fast) in 5 minut intervals i did jog jog run jog then sprint the last minut found it very tough even thogh it was the same distance covered
Old 17-03-10, 07:23 AM   #3174
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
I did 3.6 miles this evening with my OH. I am v proud of him, he managed the whole distance without stopping or walking (or complaining)
Never. No way. I don't believe it. Or have you found a new OH?

Went running yesterday lunchtime and Monday. First runs in no less than 6 weeks. I am ashamed. Rest day today. Back on it on Thursday for a 6 miler.

Old 17-03-10, 07:56 AM   #3175
Purplevamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
Snap, My Hubby has started coming out with me on my Tuesday runs of 3.6 miles too lol.
I slowed my pace last week as it was his first road run, but last night i was naughty and didnt slow up. In fact i upped the pace on the last hill at the end lol.
He's doing well though, i will give him time before i increase the distance.
Old 17-03-10, 07:59 AM   #3176
Purplevamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by flymo View Post
Not stupid at all, thats a good mental attitude to run with.

Popped out for a cheeky 6 miles tonight, great feeling.
I was so pleased when i completed my 13.30 miles on saturday without stopping . All i kept thinking about was Eddie Izzards repeated Marathons and saying to myself, if he can do it everyday then i can do it today!

Its strange though, knowing i can run that distance and then doing a short run and feel absolutely shattered lol?
Old 17-03-10, 08:05 AM   #3177
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplevamp View Post

Its strange though, knowing i can run that distance and then doing a short run and feel absolutely shattered lol?
I know exactly what you mean! Shows how much is mind over matter!
Old 18-03-10, 02:38 PM   #3178
krhall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig_Of_The_Dump View Post
Went running yesterday lunchtime and Monday. First runs in no less than 6 weeks. I am ashamed. Rest day today. Back on it on Thursday for a 6 miler.

Get in there mate! How was it?
Old 18-03-10, 02:40 PM   #3179
krhall

I'm going to go for a run/walk/hop tomorrow if my leg feels as it does today!!!

First day of virtually no pain, so I'm going to resist doing it today and treat myself to a mile or 2 tomorrow!
Old 18-03-10, 03:10 PM   #3180
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhall View Post
Get in there mate! How was it?
It was good to be back out there. Did another run today and doing the same again tomorrow. Still have issues with my knees (think I always will) so have to be sensible and realistic as to what I can do. Plan is to do 4 short runs in the week and a longer one with Foxy at the weekends. Weekend runs are not always possible though so will just take those as and when we can fit them in.

Weather at the moment is idle for running isn't it. Really gives you the motivation to get out there. Went out in shorts for the first time since last year.