SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2010 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2010 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 07-09-09, 02:36 PM   #321
Viney
Mega Poster

Default Re: AR10 Chat

Hovis, the only thing i would say is that 160+ miles is a bit long on an AR. It will eman that EVERYONE will need a refuel half way round, and with 70 bikes, that could take a while. Just a thought oh granery one. Other than that, im for Hay on Wye. I used to stay at the holybush inn a few times...until it went downhill.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-09, 02:52 PM   #322
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney View Post
Hovis, the only thing i would say is that 160+ miles is a bit long on an AR. It will eman that EVERYONE will need a refuel half way round,
yup,

on the 2 ARs i have been on there has been 2 petrol stops,just like AR10, so i cant realy see a problem there. it just means everyone filling up.

now, weather people can/want to do a longer rideout is a differant matter, it started out at 190miles, everyone on the peaks ride seemed happy with it, i have got it down a bit, and i think 160 is fine (last year was 130ish)
its early yet though,get a few recces planned sooon

Last edited by hovis; 07-09-09 at 02:56 PM.
Old 07-09-09, 02:57 PM   #323
ManxMatt34

I was looking with a few others this weekend at Hovis' planned route, and i personally would be more than happy doing 160 miles i will say that. We just did this peaks run and it all was fine and that was over 160 i belive? GM correct me if i'm wrong was even more again? Either way i'll go with the flow i'm coming whether it be in wales or kuwalalumpa.
Old 07-09-09, 03:17 PM   #324
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
on the 2 ARs i have been on there has been 2 petrol stops,just like AR10,
AR08 only had one offical stop... But I had to cater for Rick on his VTR which is why he and a few others did a splash and dash at Dorchester... remember that if you get people with VTR's they only have less tank range, Remember what France was like...

You get such a big mix of riders on an AR that you might not get on the smaller weekend meets. AR08 had two riders on 125's on it, once of which was on L-plates... ( I know he wasnt part of the org, but the rideout was still done in such a way as he could participate in it )

The GM rideouts were longer, but you've got much longer stretches of road with no junctions etc and the roads in 2008 were pretty empty of traffic so making progress was hell of a lot easier...

It depends on the roads, if you have big long open sections of road, where the speed can be upped a little, you can make progress. Where as if you are riding on tighter, more technical B roads, it does slow the average speed down.

Anyway this is all stuff that can be worked out during reccies, or at a later date. Theres plenty of time for discussion and reccie of routes and fuel stops...
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-09, 03:22 PM   #325
PsychoCannon

Range for me won't be a problem until you pass the 250mile mark
But I don't think i can carry enough fuel for everyone =p
Old 07-09-09, 03:45 PM   #326
PsychoCannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post

i will be looking in to bouncers and armed security guards
I charge a fair rate on personal protection
I have my own armour
Old 07-09-09, 03:53 PM   #327
davepreston

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoCannon View Post
I charge a fair rate on personal protection
I have my own armour
double the price i was every good at my job and its me that getting him
and get the cash up front LOL

Last edited by davepreston; 07-09-09 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-09-09, 04:15 PM   #328
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Peaks was nearer the 200 mark, but then we are tougher folk up here.

IIRC NW5 was 246 miles.

I, personally, feel a bit hard done by if the route is only just over 100 miles and i'm feeling fresh beforehand. But i think there was talk of a cut off section where people wanting a shorter ride could loop back round to the campsite.

Is this correct Hovis? You think it'll get done?
Old 07-09-09, 05:41 PM   #329
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky View Post

I, personally, feel a bit hard done by if the route is only just over 100 miles and i'm feeling fresh beforehand.
me too, but the AR is diferant, looking back they are normaly about 120-130 miles, and they seem to take a full day. its early yet, so dont want to commet to anything yet, but the route will be good, no awsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky View Post
But i think there was talk of a cut off section where people wanting a shorter ride could loop back round to the campsite.

Is this correct Hovis?

Last edited by hovis; 07-09-09 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-09-09, 06:12 PM   #330
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Just remember that you'll need markers to lead any break off group back too and that could mean a whole heap of markers to find and organise.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote