SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-07-16, 07:59 PM   #3471
chris8886
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red ones View Post
That is my gripe of the day!

You paid for a service that they failed to deliver on, so they don't give your money back but just give you an extension to your subscription thereby tying you in for longer.
If I said the mobile phone company were rubbish and failed I wouldn't be happy if their response was to extend my contract even if it were for free.

You paid for a service. They didn't give you the service. They still took your money.

The least they should offer is money back for this month having not done what they said and give next month free as a gesture to help retain your custom.

Am I old fashioned?

I think you are quite right there!
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-16, 08:34 PM   #3472
Kenzie

I also paid a local jeweler for a battery replacement service. When the second hand on my two year old Pulsar started acting up and loosing time I took it back for a battery swap. Was told battery was fine. Took it back again and was told again battery is full of life, the watch will need servicing. £115 please. Nope, not paying that. Contacted Pulsar service. Watch is on an exchange basis, non servicable but outdated so we can't do anything. Have this lovely watch from my wife on my desk dead. What they hey, I'll dig out my watch tools and change the battery. What a surprise, watch works fine. Fecking people!
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-16, 10:28 PM   #3473
Mrs DJ Fridge

This blasted cold that has turned into a chest infection, can I be bothered to go to the doctors in about two weeks time to have some antibiotics once my body has worked it out and made me better.
Old 13-07-16, 06:49 AM   #3474
Kenzie

I would. Had a chest infection years ago that turned into Pneumonia. Not nice at all.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-16, 07:33 AM   #3475
Blapper

This forum has no +1 button.
Blapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-16, 08:46 AM   #3476
ophic
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie View Post
I also paid a local jeweler for a battery replacement service. When the second hand on my two year old Pulsar started acting up and loosing time I took it back for a battery swap. Was told battery was fine. Took it back again and was told again battery is full of life, the watch will need servicing. £115 please. Nope, not paying that. Contacted Pulsar service. Watch is on an exchange basis, non servicable but outdated so we can't do anything. Have this lovely watch from my wife on my desk dead. What they hey, I'll dig out my watch tools and change the battery. What a surprise, watch works fine. Fecking people!
Second hand doing two ticks in quick succession? Both my Pulsar & my Seiko watches did that when the battery is low, and Pulsar is a Seiko budget brand iirc. It's a battery low indication.
Old 13-07-16, 01:29 PM   #3477
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophic View Post
Second hand doing two ticks in quick succession? Both my Pulsar & my Seiko watches did that when the battery is low, and Pulsar is a Seiko budget brand iirc. It's a battery low indication.
On Monday I had my deceased Seiko brought back to life by... Seiko UK. They are based in Maidenhead so a very convenient ten minutes drive away from work. They serviced the watch about eight years ago which included a new battery so I asked for another magic five year battery and walked out 20 minutes later £17.50 lighter a happy chap. OK I'm lucky to be so close by but it is MUCH better service than a High Street jeweler who will only fit a one year battery and probably fail to seal the back up properly after charging you about the same price. Pulsar and Lorus are part of the same group as already mentioned.
Old 13-07-16, 01:36 PM   #3478
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Precocious French infant who doesnt stop babbling on the Eurostar from london to paris and parents who only tell him sssssshhhhh
Could have been worse - Monday night had 200 tired but raucous uni students coming back from their bike trip, grumpy about their one hour delay and the fact that the following train was allowed to leave first to avoid recording two delayed services. Some of us waiting parents were a bit grumpy too but on the plus side (yes, I know this is the wrong thread) I did have time to cycle from Marylebone to St Pancras along the Regent's Canal towpath, which is MUCH nicer than the busy Marylebone/Euston Road.
Old 13-07-16, 02:38 PM   #3479
Heorot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
On Monday I had my deceased Seiko brought back to life by... Seiko UK. They are based in Maidenhead so a very convenient ten minutes drive away from work. They serviced the watch about eight years ago which included a new battery so I asked for another magic five year battery and walked out 20 minutes later £17.50 lighter a happy chap. OK I'm lucky to be so close by but it is MUCH better service than a High Street jeweler who will only fit a one year battery and probably fail to seal the back up properly after charging you about the same price. Pulsar and Lorus are part of the same group as already mentioned.
You were lucky. My 15yo Seiko Kinetic went into double click mode last year and a replacement capacitor (battery) didn't solve the problem. Apparently, mine was a 1st generation Kinetic and they had improved the internals since then and was unfixable. As I had just had a sapphire glass put on and a near like for like replacement would be around £300, I bit the bullet and sent it away to Maidenhead for service and repairs. £110 for that. I suspect they just scrapped the old internals and put in the new version. In 15 years, the watch used 2 capacitors before it died so I can;t really complain too much.

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-16, 03:13 PM   #3480
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs DJ Fridge View Post
This blasted cold that has turned into a chest infection, can I be bothered to go to the doctors in about two weeks time to have some antibiotics once my body has worked it out and made me better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie View Post
I would. Had a chest infection years ago that turned into Pneumonia. Not nice at all.
+1 on what Kenzie says.

if i get a chest infection i just call the practise nurse and get anti biotics. Its in my notes. Its the only thing I've regularly had to se the doc about.

i didn't catch anything this winter, thanks to having the flu jab, which has stopped me getting really ill like i used to
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote