SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 04-08-16, 06:08 PM   #3541
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Tim and his first world problems TBH, I hate ASDA myself as their stock levels jump about all the time. Gaffer and I now use Sainsburys, and I now buy Pork Pies and cakes from Waitrose (so much for the Red flag)

Come to think of it the only thing I use the ASDA for is the petrol station it's self service with no attendants, lovely, just ride in card in machine fill the bike and make like a shepherd.

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-16, 07:43 PM   #3542
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Tim, have you written to their Chief Exec. I mean you've already written the letter in this rant haven't you, so cut and paste and send it to him as a proper letter.

We had a rubbish M&S in town. A woman got sick of us getting the cr@p stock, never having her size, the poor lighting, tiny changing rooms etc. She wrote to Stuart Rose, the CEO. Within a month he'd visited the store unannounced. Agreed with everything she said. Got the whole store revamped.
Old 04-08-16, 10:00 PM   #3543
Red ones
Mega Poster

Sounds like Tims ASDA is performing to their usual standard. I used to work across a number of their stores and didn't like a single one.

My gripe is virginmedia or their Superhub to be precise. Modem mode? Doesn't work! So I'm limited to 30Mb when i should be able to get 100 - 150!! For some reason in modem mode it won't talk to my airports.

Bah.
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-16, 06:31 AM   #3544
timwilky
Mega Poster

Generally virginmedia works ok for me. I have the 200mb service. a SH2ac running in modem mode connected to a small pc running pfsense as my firewall.

I then have Asus ac wifi routers running as access points upstairs/downstairs and in the home office. The interesting one is how the shed at the bottom of the garden connects with a fairly solid wireless 600Mb connection.

If I did have a gripe with Virgin. It would be.

Indian call centres staffed by script monkeys.
Poor upload speeds.
no native ipv6 (I have to tunnel from the pfsense using Hurricane Electric).
No static ip allocation.
Old 05-08-16, 07:21 AM   #3545
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

My virgin hub is useless. I try to log on to the admin control panel and it just says loading. How can it possibly not manage to load some text from the router to my wired pc ?

It keeps dropping out then restarting too. I need to get on to virgin about it again
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-16, 09:15 AM   #3546
Red ones
Mega Poster

I've got a SH1 which is wired to an Airport and then onto a switch for the wired hardware (TV, Gameboy, etc) with wireless network extension.
If I put the SH1 to modem mode it doesn't work and the Airports lose internet access, DNS lookup etc.

Virgin sent me a new SH but Yodel lost it and are now blaming me for not living in the house they delivered to. Hopefully the new SH will work on modem mode as it looks like it should also be about 3 times faster out of the box.
Old 05-08-16, 09:50 AM   #3547
Stingo

Noticeboards. People putting random notices on boards and not using a drawing pin in each corner, and/or obscuring other notices in an untidy fashion. Grrr. Do it tidily or don't do it at all. Oh, and keep it relevant - I don't wish to know about a sale on at the hairdressers whilst looking at the Health & Safety noticeboard! Yes, I am that sad...
Old 05-08-16, 03:25 PM   #3548
Bibio
Mega Poster

fekwit skoda steeler. took the yeti in for a service and got courtesy car got back parked up then they moved the car round the back came in some time later and said its got a scratch and a chip in the windscreen and i done it. ermmm no.

it was absolutely lashing it down this morning so jumped straight in the car and never thought twice. so warning to all. take a camera if you get a hired/courtesy car and take pics of before and after.

add to that my car now smells of dog as they hoovered it out with obviously a well used and crap hover.

i is not a happy bunny right now.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-16, 10:31 PM   #3549
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
fekwit skoda steeler. took the yeti in for a service and got courtesy car got back parked up then they moved the car round the back came in some time later and said its got a scratch and a chip in the windscreen and i done it. ermmm no.

it was absolutely lashing it down this morning so jumped straight in the car and never thought twice. so warning to all. take a camera if you get a hired/courtesy car and take pics of before and after.

add to that my car now smells of dog as they hoovered it out with obviously a well used and crap hover.

i is not a happy bunny right now.
With any courtesy car you always get a check sheet showing any damage to the vehicle, mileage and what fuel was in it. Its up to you to check it and pick up on anything that isn't on it-otherwise its your word against theirs

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-16, 10:35 PM   #3550
Red ones
Mega Poster

I once had a courtesy car where they tried crossing out a mistake of a chip in the windscreen. Worked in my favour. Cracked the windscreen on the way to the cost and argued my way out of it even though they knew there was no chip in the glass before.