SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 06-11-09, 10:42 AM   #3731
philbut

Default Re: The TV Mini Mehga thread.

Si, what was the top speed of the DV like from memory? It did 80 this morning (wooooooooooo) It also runs better with the light off? I now trust it a bit more though.

Did you manage to shift bucket yet? (and no I don't want to buy that too )
Old 06-11-09, 01:06 PM   #3732
Stig

I had the Dullsville into three figures but only the once. It was seriously effected by the wind at that speed and shook a fair bit. It'll do a comfortable 85 all day long. I never rode without the lights on so can't say anything about that. But I did find when I switched the indicators on if I was on the power at the same time, it hesitated. ???

Bucket is back off the market. Personal circumstances have changed again. Expect to see Bucket back on the road next year. Hopefully looking much better than it does right now.
Old 06-11-09, 01:11 PM   #3733
Stig

Oh and as for your starting issues. I had that too, but only in the winter when it was proper cold. Once it was started and warmed up, never had an issue with starting and it would fire up straight away in the summer. I found if it was plugged into the trickle charger over night, it started much easier. I changed the starter solenoid, starter motor and the battery. None of these made a change. The Dullsville forum more or less just said it was a common issue with the earlier DV's and to live with it. So I did.
Old 06-11-09, 02:07 PM   #3734
philbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig_Of_The_Dump View Post
I had the Dullsville into three figures but only the once. It was seriously effected by the wind at that speed and shook a fair bit. It'll do a comfortable 85 all day long. I never rode without the lights on so can't say anything about that. But I did find when I switched the indicators on if I was on the power at the same time, it hesitated. ???
ah, that is the same symptom then - you put more drain on the power system and the spark gets weaker I'm assuming. Needs coils checking and new plugs then. Was gonna do the plugs anyway.

Quote:
Bucket is back off the market. Personal circumstances have changed again. Expect to see Bucket back on the road next year. Hopefully looking much better than it does right now.
Cool. Maybe we could run a competition on here for best "Bucket" design. I may well resparay the Dullsville if it turns out to be as usefull as I hope, so we could have a contest? Or not
Old 06-11-09, 02:09 PM   #3735
philbut

Quote:
Oh and as for your starting issues. I had that too, but only in the winter when it was proper cold. Once it was started and warmed up, never had an issue with starting and it would fire up straight away in the summer. I found if it was plugged into the trickle charger over night, it started much easier. I changed the starter solenoid, starter motor and the battery. None of these made a change. The Dullsville forum more or less just said it was a common issue with the earlier DV's and to live with it. So I did.
Yeah, I've seen that too. Infact today after the initial run to work it started instantly off the button, so top marks to the DV. I think it might just want a good thrash down the motorway to clear out any remaining dirt in the fuel lines etc. Its running much better today.
Old 07-11-09, 05:54 PM   #3736
ogden
Mega Poster

It's a bit nippy out, ain't it!
S1000XR | 990SMT | YZF-R6 #7
ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-09, 04:52 PM   #3737
Warthog

It is a bit! Such a shame knowing that from now on for the next 3 months its only going to get less fun riding a bike .
Old 08-11-09, 05:23 PM   #3738
ogden
Mega Poster

Yeah, that's why I made a half-arsed effort to get out and ride for a bit yesterday. First time I've ridden outside central London since I got back from the Alpine tour. I think that's likely to be the last time it sees a three-figure speed for a month or two.
S1000XR | 990SMT | YZF-R6 #7
ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-09, 12:20 PM   #3739
philbut

Did my first Oxford - London - Oxford trip yesterday on the Dullsville. I'm happy to report that I got there and back with only minor problems (muggins had forgotten to reconnect the fan). It seemed to get smoother and smoother the more I rode it. I think it just needed a bloody good thrashing for a bit. Saw and indicated 110 this morning which ain't bad. It is Mondeo slow away from the lights but once going its actually quite nippy in and out of traffic. Think the reg / rec is on its way out but other than that job done!
Old 12-11-09, 01:06 PM   #3740
Sosha

Yay!

The rat's been doing sterling service. Should probably swap the carbs with the other set when I can be bothered though. And do up whatever's rattling under the tank.

Hell I could even swap subframes and put a proper seat & battery box on. And a the less manky tank with the smaller dint.

But let's not get silly here.