SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-10-16, 12:49 PM   #3771
Trev B

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Timwilky,sorry mate didn't understand one word of it,but it does sound annoying !!!
Old 18-10-16, 05:04 PM   #3772
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S View Post
Virgin media increasing my contract amount, 3 months in to a 12 month contract to a higher price than they are advertising the same package for. Surely a contract should be unchangeable by both parties
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
i'm buying a KODI box to see how it goes with Mrs B. if its not too confusing for her then i'll be dumping the TV package at the end of my contract.

if the KODI box is not suitable i'll be getting freeview and still dumping the TV package. Mrs B only watches a few TV stations and i watch on occasion about two as the rest of the time i'm watching films.

if it were not for Virgin having the best broadband i would dump them completely.
You have my sympathy Darren, its a pity you cant change providers.

As I'm looking after my mum's finances and banking, I've seen how much she's paying Virgin for tv, phone and broadband. Last bill was £116 for a month, and i don't think she has any of the tv packages. which is scandalous for a pensioner to pay, she's paying more than i do to Sky!

Virgin know what you watch, and i know my mum doesn't watch movies or sports

So next week they'll be getting a cancellation call, mum will use freeview or freesat, and a change in phone and broadband provider.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-16, 06:02 PM   #3773
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
i'm buying a KODI box to see how it goes with Mrs B. if its not too confusing for her then i'll be dumping the TV package at the end of my contract.

if the KODI box is not suitable i'll be getting freeview and still dumping the TV package. Mrs B only watches a few TV stations and i watch on occasion about two as the rest of the time i'm watching films.

if it were not for Virgin having the best broadband i would dump them completely.
I've only got Virgin for broadband. Sky for tv. I'm really not a fan of online tv. Too much quality variation and reliability issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
You have my sympathy Darren, its a pity you cant change providers.

As I'm looking after my mum's finances and banking, I've seen how much she's paying Virgin for tv, phone and broadband. Last bill was £116 for a month, and i don't think she has any of the tv packages. which is scandalous for a pensioner to pay, she's paying more than i do to Sky!

Virgin know what you watch, and i know my mum doesn't watch movies or sports

So next week they'll be getting a cancellation call, mum will use freeview or freesat, and a change in phone and broadband provider.
Wow that's a lot. I don't have a phone line or any sport channels
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-16, 06:06 PM   #3774
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Bibs do you use the virgin hub? I had mine replaced because it kept losing connection and restarting. The new one has done it a couple of times. Oh and the UI is painfully slow to load!
Old 18-10-16, 06:25 PM   #3775
Bibio
Mega Poster

my entertainments and telecommunications consist of virgin 100mb and med TV £57, Lovefilm £8 and Vonage (VOIP) £7 which is £72 a month for all three. with Vonage its free calls to landlines which includes a whole host of country's and mobiles are 5p min. Lovefilm is two discs at at a time which gets me 4 films a week if my timing is right, i dont download or stream films as the quality is shizz. my mobile costs me ermm practically fek all (£10 every 3-5 months).

i dont have a traditional landline. i have been with Vonage (originally Freecall) for around 13 years and never had a problem apart from when the broadband goes down which is about once a year if that. its exactly like using a landline.

when i go freeview i'll dump the Virgin TV and save £20 a month.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-16, 06:26 PM   #3776
Heorot

We have a Kodi box in Turkey. Our internet connection is quite good and we have an excellent router but there are problems watching TV via Kodi. Constant breaks while the box buffers and picture breaking up on some channels.

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-16, 06:27 PM   #3777
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S View Post
Bibs do you use the virgin hub? I had mine replaced because it kept losing connection and restarting. The new one has done it a couple of times. Oh and the UI is painfully slow to load!
if your on about their wireless router then yes and i have never had a problem with it but i do have a degree in networking.. lol

why are you using a the UI?
Old 18-10-16, 06:31 PM   #3778
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Well when it kept losing connection I was using it a lot. But just trying to load up the main page there and it thought about it for a few seconds then displayed a blank page. It's just slow at loading each setting page. I just don't understand how it can take more than a few milliseconds when I am hard wired to it. Eventually when I get this placed wired up with network cables I will be putting it in modem mode and using my own router
Old 18-10-16, 06:37 PM   #3779
Bibio
Mega Poster

clear your cookies and history on your comp. also use the ip addy not address. if you have wireless on your comp make sure its disabled as it will sometimes jump to using that rather than lan.

even using wireless the page loads super fast with me.

oohhh and turn that shizz WPS off there is no need for it.

Last edited by Bibio; 18-10-16 at 06:43 PM.
Old 18-10-16, 06:50 PM   #3780
Red ones
Mega Poster

I have VM 150meg something connection. Stream stuff upstairs via Kindle Fire stick thingy and have no buffering issues, but...

I better everything else off the VM wireless connection and use an Apple AirPort for everything else. I found connection reliability improved dramatically.
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote