SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 04-03-10, 05:10 PM   #31
widget

Default Re: Headlight Upgrade

Got a set of philips 6k hids in my faired pointy and makes such a differance i can see the pot holes up ahead instead of once they are right infront of me and other drivers can see me better which is a bonus
Old 26-07-10, 01:35 AM   #32
doser

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherFool View Post
I have a 2000/01 Suzuki SV650S, and for the first time I'm finding I need to ride more at night (coming home from work and school mostly) along a highway. The stock headlights just aren't cutting it for me so I was looking for perhaps an HID Kit to get installed.

After a lack of luck Googling options for the last few hours, and having no real idea just what I'm looking for either way, was hoping y'all would have some input of Kits that will work or decent Alternatives.

reviving an old thread here, and not suggesting that upgrades of lamps are not a good idea (they ARE!), but the ideal solution is to install a relay to limit the voltage drop to the bulb. light output varies roughly with the third power of supply voltage, so a typical drop of 1 -1.5 - 2 volts thru the SV wiring system leads to a VERY large lowering of light output.

there was big thread on this topic on svrider.com (which i can post a link to once i find it), but bottom line was i bought and installed an Eastern Beaver relay:
http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Pr...s/h4_kits.html

results were excellent. plug and play.

hope this helps,
cheers,
Old 26-07-10, 01:41 AM   #33
barwel1992

^ i have one of the above for dual lights if any one wants it for £25 +£5 deliver (recorded)
Old 26-07-10, 02:02 AM   #34
doser

Quote:
Originally Posted by doser View Post
there was big thread on this topic on svrider.com (which i can post a link to once i find it)
here's the link: skip to page 8 for best results...

http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=111449

cheers,