SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-06-09, 04:28 PM   #31
xXBADGERXx

Default Re: Best Console Motorcycle Racing Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad View Post
No. Get 08 for less than £10 from somewhere. 09 has Portimao and Kyalami but otherwise is almost exactly the same, worth £45 it is not.

Absolute Tosh .... 08 was a sack of pooh and 09 was miles better in the handling stakes ...... personally go and buy Fuel instead , not exactly a bike racing game but a damn site more fun than either SBK games are . If you find SBK09 for £30 then buy it , but not at full whack .
Old 18-06-09, 05:18 PM   #32
sinbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBADGERXx View Post
Absolute Tosh .... 08 was a sack of pooh and 09 was miles better in the handling stakes ...... personally go and buy Fuel instead , not exactly a bike racing game but a damn site more fun than either SBK games are . If you find SBK09 for £30 then buy it , but not at full whack .
I thought they were both equally vague, though perhaps the assisted mode was a bit more fun. Simulation mode in the 09 version is just as challenging, but also just as wishy washy as the 08 version.
Old 19-06-09, 06:22 AM   #33
metalangel

I find 09 is a lot more refined than 08, and I've played a lot of 08.

Fuel is boring.
Old 19-06-09, 01:13 PM   #34
Jamiebridges123

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalangel View Post
I find 09 is a lot more refined than 08, and I've played a lot of 08.

Fuel is boring.
Yeah 09 is defiantly better.. played Fuel at my friends house the other day, after all the hype I found is rather lifeless..
Old 19-06-09, 01:23 PM   #35
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
I've got SBK-08 for PS3 I've on played it a few times, but it was pretty good to play. Steering is slightly oversensitve on it though, but you soon get used to it.

Its definately better to play than the Moto GP games on PS2 were.
I have SBK-09. Crikey its hard...well it was until i realised i was trying to take corners at 150mph!!! Its pretty good. Its the only one i can comment on as its the only one i have, and have played.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-09, 01:38 PM   #36
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

just get everyone to ride round on the cbr900 on grand theft auto 4

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-09, 01:52 PM   #37
xXBADGERXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalangel View Post
Fuel is boring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiebridges123 View Post
played Fuel at my friends house the other day, after all the hype I found is rather lifeless..
So going around and around in circles on the same old track day in day out is NOT boring .

A good friend of mine partys up with me on Live and we just go and razz about the map hitting all the points and it makes a refreshing change from the GP games . We have often stated that it would be brilliant to do this in real life by just having the opportunity to gas about like dills on vaste tracks of land . We did the same thing in Test Drive Unlimited . Personally I think it`s a good game that gives you the opportunity to Free Ride wherever you like and become a bit of an explorer and to chill out a bit on Xbox Live .
Old 19-06-09, 03:47 PM   #38
MCN_LiamM

SBK 08 is poo. SBK 09 is less poo.
My ten bobs worth
Old 19-06-09, 04:04 PM   #39
muffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR UKI (1) View Post
I thought SBK 08 on PS2 was sound. Might get Moto GP 08 for the Wii, it's released at the end of this month apparantly, but don't know if it's any good.
Is Moto GP 08 = Moto GP?

I got Moto GP on the PSP and it's good but the lack of a graduated acceleration let it down. I just got Moto GP on the Wii and I love it! There's a controller configuration where you hold the control like a throttle and twist it it makes the game way more fun as you can really become more skilful at it, when you have an on/off throttle it's really hard to go round corners!

Having said that I've only just got it so haven't really played it loads. I'm starting in the 125s, doing the championship on them first, cos the 800s are a nightmare to ride (at least without plenty of practice!).
Old 19-06-09, 04:37 PM   #40
cb5_keith

Tourist Trophy is AWESOME