SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 22-01-08, 08:56 AM   #31
DanAbnormal

Default Re: I've sold my bike

Well done on your shiny new bike. I'd love one of these but they look a bit too tall for me.
Old 22-01-08, 07:45 PM   #32
anna
Mega Poster

congratulations on the new bike!!! .. we need pics when you get her though
anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-08, 09:05 PM   #33
CoolGirl

oooo, yummy. gonna get new leathers to match?
Old 22-01-08, 09:16 PM   #34
wyrdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
I'll put y'alls out of your misery.

I've chopped in the D650. It was too good a deal to miss. I collect my new bike on March 1. It looks like this (not me riding it):

Is it really that small?

Congratulations. Lovely bike. Now where's that Triumph section of the forum?
Old 22-01-08, 09:30 PM   #35
Ed

Nope no new leathers, I'm not that vain!!! I bought a new lid at the NEC - it's red to go with the 650, irritatingly my old lid (Shoei Raid, 'Strike' design - BigApe has one the same) goes better.

I'm having some (tasteful) decals specially made up, it isn't quick enough on its own so it needs some go-faster stripes

I like the union flag on the bike below - wouldn't go for the other race replica stuff. I'll fiddle with the design a bit so that the flag flutters a bit more:

Pix will follow!! but not for a while, although I might be in Brizzle this weekend and if I am I'll hop in and take a few of the beast.

Last edited by Ed; 22-01-08 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Typographical incompetence
Old 22-01-08, 09:59 PM   #36
Treacle

Nice one Ed. Hope you enjoy it.
Old 23-01-08, 01:58 PM   #37
northwind
Mega Poster

You tease Nice choice!
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-08, 03:10 PM   #38
rictus01
Mega Poster

Whilst it's nice to see you growing up to a larger capacity triumph it's a mere 25cc , never mind oneday you can have a proper big one mate .

no real affinity for the 675, having ridden a demo bike it's just to small and cramped, and now this knee isn't going to help either

the style thing is far to "jap" for me too, but perhaps that's what people want these days ? I'd prefer your D650 anyday.

Still that said everyone (well most anyway) end up changing bike for whatever reason, if it's what you want, at the right price, and you're happy then good on you and hope you enjoy mate.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-08, 03:22 PM   #39
stewie

Nice one Ed, lovely looking bike mate,the 675, tell me though was the 650 a decent bike ? really fancy one but would need it lowering somewhat, about 4 ins apparently , anyway enjoy the new one.

Last edited by stewie; 23-01-08 at 03:27 PM.
Old 23-01-08, 04:44 PM   #40
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Nice one Ed, lovely looking bike mate,the 675, tell me though was the 650 a decent bike ? really fancy one but would need it lowering somewhat, about 4 ins apparently , anyway enjoy the new one.
Rode enough of them and had the tt600 myself, excellent handling chassis, good brakes, and the style on the Daytona 600/650 is outstanding, more than you'll ever need on the road and probably the track to.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote