SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

View Poll Results: How often do you get drunk???
2-3 times a week? 6 18.75%
once a week?? 4 12.50%
2-3 times a month??? 22 68.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-06, 03:02 PM   #31
Blue_SV650S

There deffo needs to be a few more options!!

I don’t get drunk that often these days, as you get older you realise how much of a waste of time (hangover writes the next day or so out for me) and money it is. Enjoy it now as when you graduate and get a fulltime job you will realise the only time that is your own is the weekend … 2 days … I don’t want to waste that time feeling like poo!! It also sets you back at least 40-50 quid to go out on the raz, I can spend that money much better elsewhere these days

If you like being drunk coz you can pick up/attempt to pick up chicks, well drunk chicks (and before someone else says it, they would have to be very drunk to give me the time of day ) have never done anything for me, its just not attractive!!

That’s not to say I don’t believe in going out on the lash, just don’t feel the need to do it EVERY weekend.

I am not a big drinker anyway, but my sesh’s are a bit sporadic, sometimes it’ll be as long as say 3 months between drops, other times couple of weekends in a row. I pretty much never drink at home ... I only socially drink.
Old 01-12-06, 03:23 PM   #32
Jelster

Never get "drunk" these days. I hate hangovers and my capacity to take alcohol is pretty low. Plus I'm often driving/riding and I won't touch a drop if that's the case.

I can't stress enough how much I hate hangovers, that thumping head, feeling sick and not able to think (or see) clearly...

Old 01-12-06, 03:31 PM   #33
the white rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelster
I can't stress enough how much I hate hangovers, that thumping head, feeling sick and not able to think (or see) clearly...

Good blast on the bike'll sort that out
Old 01-12-06, 04:25 PM   #34
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

I had to stop drinking (AYE RIGHT) cause I kept posting nonsense on here, its really embarasing coming on the next day and you can't understand what you've typed... NOT GOOD!!!

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-06, 05:26 PM   #35
PsychoCannon

When we found out that roughly 167 pints of guiness will give you ALL of your daily intake needs from vitamins to fiber we've been trying to proove or disproove this but for some reason they stop serving us before we can ever get the the magic number
Old 01-12-06, 05:29 PM   #36
northwind
Mega Poster

[quote="Rob S (Yella)"A bit harsh perhaps but then again understandable. You wouldn't want me drunk or hungover if you were on a train doing 125mph.

(ps I am not a train driver)[/quote]

I couldn't care less that you're drunk, I'm worried that they're letting you drive the thing when you're not even a train driver.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-06, 07:52 PM   #37
Dicky Ticker

Funny you should mention that J.W. BUT,

I only get drunk when in the same company

Now who is going to this Xmas dinner?????
Old 01-12-06, 08:35 PM   #38
riktherider

now that i am sober and back from work i can do some explaining.

there was a once every blue moon and tee total as options but i dont think i put it in properly, and i have had the worst hangover for a long time. not good. still got a bit of a headache. when im at uni i do noramlly drink throughout the week. the student bars are great and bournemouth is just so easy to pop out and get a drink. but i am on a placement year at the mo, but still looking. but working till i find a job.

If anyone knows anyone or anywhere who would consider taking on a product design student as a placment student then pm me PLEASE. its getting pretty lat now. got to be somewhere on the sounth coast. bournemouth area if possible cos the bike is non opperational.

cheers
Old 01-12-06, 11:09 PM   #39
Rob S (Yella)

[quote=northwind]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Rob S (Yella)"A bit harsh perhaps but then again understandable. You wouldn't want me drunk or hungover if you were on a train doing 125mph.

(ps I am not a train driver)[/quote

I couldn't care less that you're drunk, I'm worried that they're letting you drive the thing when you're not even a train driver.
The drivers have it easy, if they jump a Red signal the Train protection cuts in and it stops. However if the signal is set green by the signaller when it shouldn't be you might have a situation. I am a signaller by the way and for some reason they class it as a safety critical job which means random testing for drink and drugs and we are always tested if something goes wrong.

Which is why I don't drink much now as I am always pressing the wrong buttons.

http://nevardmedia.fotopic.net/c1083688.html
Old 02-12-06, 02:58 AM   #40
Ping

PAH!!!

... That is all.