SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 08-04-09, 10:16 PM   #31
DanSV

Default Re: No garage! Ideas please! Views on "BIKE BARN"

Yea her indoors wasnt best pleased with a big grey tent, we were both worried wot the neighbours would think of that.

Last edited by DanSV; 09-04-09 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-04-09, 02:19 PM   #32
abdul.aziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
My bike has been under a cover for 6 years, no rot on my cheese, it's a curvy too, so it might be they were built better before the accountants took hold of the SV range....
+1

I kept my previous bike under cover for 4-5 months. didnt experience any rusting or anything.

Having said that, it was a honda, which apparently are built better.

I'd just put it under a cover anyway to be honest.
Old 10-04-09, 05:40 PM   #33
Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdul.aziz View Post
to be honest.
arrrrgggghhhh!!!
Old 10-04-09, 05:56 PM   #34
arcdef

at the end of the day a cover will be suffice.
Old 11-04-09, 11:42 PM   #35
lazymanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSV View Post
My last bike i was able to keep in my parents garage but since moving out and getting my own house ive come across one little problem.....I DONT HAVE A GARAGE!!

So my question is how do you store yours to protect it from the elements and keep it nice without a garage??

Im not so worried about security as afterall it is insured and i am in an enclosed area down a private road so originally i thought just get a cover, so off i went to get one and the person in my local HG asked "what du want it for?" obvious answer i thought was to cover my bike!!! lol long story short she said it wont do it any favours keeping it under a cover as it will trap condensation and still rot all the cheese on there....Great!!??

So now that im at a loss as to what to do i draw your attention to my original question. Any ideas would be welcome i have a driveway and a garden and was thinking along the lines of one of these. Anybody have any experience of them or an alternative?

Many thanks Dan
If you're bike was previously listed as garaged PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE update your insurance details to remove the clause on the policy now that it's not. THEY WILL F*&K YOU OVER if you give them even the slightest chance (got the t-shirt) - do it now rather than later as later could be after your bike goes walkabout....
lazymanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-09, 11:25 AM   #36
DanSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazymanc View Post
If you're bike was previously listed as garaged PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE update your insurance details to remove the clause on the policy now that it's not. THEY WILL F*&K YOU OVER if you give them even the slightest chance (got the t-shirt) - do it now rather than later as later could be after your bike goes walkabout....
Sound advice but that was my last bike when i had a garage.... i have a new bike now at a new address with a new policy so all is in order.

Just a thought some companies dont charge that much for a bike not being garaged so surely its worth the extra few quid to avoid the clause just in case a person should come home and not put the bike away and it get nicked.