SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 30-07-11, 12:12 AM   #31
Nicky S
Mega Poster

GWS mate

Hope some of it comes back to you so you can try and catch whoever hit & ran you

Nicky S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-11, 07:25 AM   #32
Moojuicepez

Default Re: Cow down. Ruined my leg.

Firstly, thank you all for all the get well soons, i feel like its taking forever.
I made tea on my first day at home. put the milk in then realised i have crutches. "how the hell am i meant to take this into the front room!" i could of cried. had to phone a friend to come and get it for me lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
I already have a mental picture, and photos of something similar.

In a few months time, maybe you and Peg can compare notes. When you go swimming and kids stare at you, you can fib and tell them big porkies that a great white shark bit ya
Seriously, he has a rod down the middle of his femur, never to be taken out, half a knee, a nice patch on his other leg where donor skin was taken.
It may not feel like it right now, but eventually it will get better. Its not uncommon to not know where or what the hell happened, amnesia of said event happens to many, I know enough that sometimes you can be missing an entire six months.

Get well soon, may not feel like it now, but you'll be walking fit in no time....even if you are truely a wonky knee member.
It does look scarily similar to a shark bite ahah. I think i still have a whole knee. theres a nice scar half way down it that carries opn to my leg and i cant straighten my leg. but im guessing thats due to them moving my knee while they inserted a rod? i could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beabert View Post
Damn hope you heal well

What junction did it happen by mate? i see you are in coventry.
shilton lane just before the alotments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icanopit View Post
Hi Moojuicepez, sorry to hear about you incident, only down the road in Nuneaton if any assistance can be offered/given with bike. Our son in law had something similar 7 weeks ago but his was his lorry cab falling on him almost identical injuries and repairs.

JOHN
Thank you for the offer. Thankfully my dads an ex mecanic and as soon as i can weight bear ill put my hand to it also aha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytoon View Post
ah no way seriously not good mate. gws. im only in birmingham so if you need anything gimme a shout an i will see what i can do.
Ben
Thanks ben, appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepreston View Post
feck me you get properly fecked up and it just takes you 4 sentences to get to " i need these parts" epic mate ,ten points

GWS and i'll have a butchers for some bits for you
dave
Gotta get back on it Dave. no point blabbing on about the leg ahah.
As soon as the legs fixed and im given the go ahead for bike times. ill be back on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky S View Post
GWS mate

Hope some of it comes back to you so you can try and catch whoever hit & ran you
I think thatll never happen. Police werent bothered and theres no chance of finding them.
Old 30-07-11, 07:45 AM   #33
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moojuicepez View Post

It does look scarily similar to a shark bite ahah. I think i still have a whole knee. theres a nice scar half way down it that carries opn to my leg and i cant straighten my leg. but im guessing thats due to them moving my knee while they inserted a rod? i could be wrong.

Gotta get back on it Dave. no point blabbing on about the leg ahah.
As soon as the legs fixed and im given the go ahead for bike times. ill be back on it.

Yeah, well theres a lot of muscle that will have been moved about a lot. Many hours of physio I don't doubt for you! Unfortunately Pete doesn't have the luxury of calf muscles, as the ligaments are buggered, and his calf muscle doesn't do much.
Time is what you need, and it'll get frustrating when it don't go as quickly as your brain gets round it all.
Good to see you want back on the bike, get that mechanic dad to fix it up as an incentive, then strap crutches on it, and away you go.

For someone who hasn't had it happen themselves, I know exactly whats in store. Big hugs, and I'm sure myself, and this 'orrible lot will be at your service when you need to vent, get advice or generally entertain you on your road to recovery

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-11, 07:45 AM   #34
TC3

GWS mate ... you been through the wars but thankfully survived.
Old 30-07-11, 02:14 PM   #35
thefallenangel

Get onto the MIB for this?
Old 30-07-11, 03:49 PM   #36
appollo1
Mega Poster

omg not good to read but at least you are still here to tell the tale.

GWS

http://www.german-shepherd-rescue-scotland.org.uk/ everyone deserves a second chance

RIP Appollo miss you and will always love you x x x x
appollo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-11, 03:58 PM   #37
Bibio
Mega Poster

jeeezzzzz GWS m8.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-11, 03:51 PM   #38
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Crutches suck, I spent 6 weeks on them and the simplest things are a chore. Get a screw top coffee cup - that solves that problem, and a little drawstring bag you can put stuff in when you move from room to room. Sounds daft but it makes it easier.

Did anyone yet mention that chicks dig scars? Don't just say you were bitten by a great white shark, say you were rescuing a little baby turtle from the jaws of the shark.
Old 31-07-11, 04:17 PM   #39
Dave20046
Mega Poster

that sucks cowballs, GWS!