SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 08-11-07, 07:02 PM   #31
northwind
Mega Poster

Default Re: GSX-R Stuff.

I think I could make a home for the rear end- not the arm and wheel etc but the plastics and maybe subframe, light etc... Just to put that on your radar Especially if he's giving them away for half the street value like he did with the front!

I really like those discs, I'll need to see if i can find them in my fitment... For pads, it's just personal taste, I like Carbon Lorraine A3+ as they're less strong and bitey than most pads, which goes well with the very powerful brakes. For track use they'd be a wee bit gentle though, maybe. The OEM pads tend to be a great option for modern sports bikes, but pricey... I've got the OE Tokico in mine at the moment and there's nothing wrong with them at all.

I particularily liked the bit where you gave me credit for something Squirrel said just there, saves me loads of effort Looks like I was wrong on the brake hoses though, mine had a braided cross line but those both look like rubber. Odd.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-07, 07:20 PM   #32
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Oops, sorry squirrel! (Damn you Northy, taking credit for something you didn't say!!)

Does the sub frame fit the SV then??

Thinking about the plastic myself but not sure yet!! (do you know if the K7 rear panels fit the K3?)

So many things goin on in my head right now:

Do I continue with the proposed plans of a matt black sv?
Do I go for a full SV-R (like the one that was sold by a member of the org recently)?
or
Do I go for a K6-7 bodykit if it'll fit?

Guess I'd better decide soon else I won't have it ready for spring!!

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-07, 07:22 PM   #33
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Oh, what braided line kit would I get, one for an SV or one for a GSX-R??

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
Old 08-11-07, 07:31 PM   #34
Flamin_Squirrel

I'd say SV. Length wise there's probably little to nothing in it, but if you're using the SV master cylinder you might find the banjo bolt in the GSXR kit wont fit.

See what Northy thinks though...
Old 08-11-07, 07:36 PM   #35
northwind
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil24_7 View Post
Does the sub frame fit the SV then??

Thinking about the plastic myself but not sure yet!! (do you know if the K7 rear panels fit the K3?)
Nope, and nope. But anything hits with a big enough hammer/ lathe/ mill/ welder/ roll of tape Personally I reckon it's a wee bit too curvy to look right on the pointy SV (which would suit an older R1 tail perfectly, but then, the standard tail is pretty nice, best brake light ever) But winters drawing in so I'm in project mode... So, if you decide to pass on it I'd definately be interested. Ianofbhill's bike carried it really well, but then it had the GSXR front fairing as well.

Brake lines... Mine are more or less GSXR spec, but I used SV ones before and that worked just as well, the fronts are pretty similiar. But if i was you, I'd fit it up with the GSXR lines as they'll be an easy fit and they're pretty new, they shouldn't need replacing.

<edit- Just read Squirrel's post, I was assuming the GSXR master cylinder which was a bit of a leap too far. With the SV one, the SV lines might be easier. But it's much of a muchness, especially with HEL lines which are always too long anyway!>
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-07, 07:57 PM   #36
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Just looking for a GSX-R master cylinder now unless you have any better options, I'm new to all this bike butchering stuff!

What clip-ons do ya recon would work best or is there a thread you can point me in the directin of?

Old 08-11-07, 08:03 PM   #37
plowsie

What about making my curvey slower northy by sticking the pointy rear end on it?
Old 08-11-07, 08:05 PM   #38
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Northy, I'll see what he want's for the rear subframe and get back to ya!

Old 08-11-07, 08:16 PM   #39
kwak zzr

glad you got a fab deal phil but has the seller never heard of ebay? if you have the rear stuff ebay them and someone will pay, it might even pay for some of your front end.
Old 08-11-07, 08:31 PM   #40
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Think I'm gonna buy the rest of the stuff on him and flog it, he's just too lazy!!

He's had the stuff for months and months and it's just been sitting in his empty house!!