SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 15-08-06, 10:40 AM   #31
Nick762

Can imagine following someone and giving them a piece of my mind there and then but it's a bit creepy if someone is following people home then sneaking back after dark to slash their tyres. Wonder if they have access to DVLA database?
Old 15-08-06, 11:10 AM   #32
mysteryjimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattSV
How would you feel if someone slashed your bike tyres and left a note to say 'You have been seen speeding' or 'You were seen undertaking'

I think sometimes we bikers (including myself) are guilty of adopting a 'holier than thou' attitude.
Police take action on both of those. Not once have i seen a person pulled for using their phone, yet i've loads for speeding.
Old 15-08-06, 11:23 AM   #33
Grinch

I would have thought a nice sticker would have been enought... maybe on the back of the car...

"this moron drives while on there mobile".... They would have missed it (who looks at the back of there car everyday) and just drove about... but would have warned everyone else.
Old 15-08-06, 11:55 AM   #34
Captain Nemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch
I would have thought a nice sticker would have been enought... maybe on the back of the car...

"this moron drives while on there mobile".... They would have missed it (who looks at the back of there car everyday) and just drove about... but would have warned everyone else.
this is a good idea,

however, slashing the tyres appeals to the psycho in me............

mwahhhhaahhahahaaaaa
Old 15-08-06, 03:55 PM   #35
Peter Henry

An opportunity missed in my view. Why not simply take a picture which captures the person in the act? Ensuring that the number of the car is also shown in the shot. Date the picture and email it to the Old Bill?
Old 15-08-06, 05:03 PM   #36
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
An opportunity missed in my view. Why not simply take a picture which captures the person in the act? Ensuring that the number of the car is also shown in the shot. Date the picture and email it to the Old Bill?
Sounds more than sensible Peter, hence it would never work in this country. The laws about evidence are so strict (to safeguard against innocents getting stiched up i guess) that you'd have to have an "approved" camera etc etc etc.

Having said that, clearly you dont need any evidence if you want to shoot someone in the head 8 or 10 times. Clearly doing that without any hard evidence is only a health and safety offence in this country
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-06, 06:29 PM   #37
Kylie

Quote:
The laws about evidence are so strict (to safeguard against innocents getting stiched up i guess) that you'd have to have an "approved" camera etc etc etc.
Someone should buy www.iphonefrommycar.co.uk and ask people to send in pictures of idiots on the phone, requesting that they are from the front with registration and face clearly visible. And then someone should buy www.isnapfrommycar.co.uk so we can shame people taking pictures of people on the phone from their car, and then someone should...
Old 16-08-06, 11:41 AM   #38
Grinch

is that not like... www.middlelanemorons.com though don't seem to get used that much...
Old 16-08-06, 11:48 AM   #39
cmit37

Quote:

I was thinking about having something made but couldn't come up with something short enough that conveyed the message. Yours sounds great.

How about a group purchase?

Or how about "im on da fone you muron" ?
Old 16-08-06, 01:53 PM   #40
Warthog

Quote:
is that not like... www.middlelanemorons.com though don't seem to get used that much...
Just been leafing through that site, its quality! Might have to get me that window sticker, as middle lane morons **** me off more than anything.