SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-04-06, 12:57 PM   #31
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

WHAT?Coppers monitering the site?Where's my paranoia pills?Too late,they already know everything.OMG.
Old 21-04-06, 01:50 PM   #32
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarko5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor
Coppers are people to you know.
are you just posting inane dribble in every thread to get your post count up :P

I think that most people realise policemen and women are human beings and not androids
Really i was sure they had farmed it out to RoboCop Inc by now.

AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-06, 03:12 PM   #33
Ceri JC

I've ridden at over a ton with an off duty copper, I've nothing against them as individuals.

Only reason I'd want someone to "reveal" that they were a copper to me, is, as car sick says, so I don't put them in the unpleasent situation of me doing/admitting to something in front of them which would put pressure on them to "grass me up" and cause a sense of unease whatever course of action they chose.
Old 22-04-06, 08:05 PM   #34
lew893

I'm a copper and I'm only on here as an SV owner not to catch people out, what is said on here will stay on here in my oppinion, when i'm not at work i'm not at work! unless i see something really bad like a murder mentioned!!!!
We are genrally ok just a few bad apples just like bike riders it only takes a few idiots to give us a bad name!!!!
Also i'll help where I can!
\/
Old 22-04-06, 10:06 PM   #35
goonrider

Default ....

I think I've isolated a few more Rozzers, I've got a hunch these guys are as well...
Columbo911, Bergerac999, Ddockgreen, InspMorse, JulieBravo..

...Just a hunch really, but there is something 'fishy' about them.

I think most 'street' coppers are Ok, it's just the self righteous knobs at the top who I don't like, the rule makers (and usually breakers!).
Old 23-04-06, 02:30 PM   #36
Speedy
Mega Poster

One of my neighbours is a copper,used to own a gixxa600,and a total nut-case on a bike! to the point of being dangerous!

Is it because 'they' can get away with it,after a quick flash of a warrant card???
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-06, 03:38 PM   #37
Razor

At work I have to deal with quite a few coppers they're alright in my book and mostly very dedicated folk who have to deal with stuff that I wouldn't want to sort out.
Old 23-04-06, 04:32 PM   #38
UlsterSV

Default Re: ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonrider
I think I've isolated a few more Rozzers, I've got a hunch these guys are as well...
Columbo911, Bergerac999, Ddockgreen, InspMorse, JulieBravo..

...Just a hunch really, but there is something 'fishy' about them.
LMAO
Old 24-04-06, 02:38 AM   #39
lew893

We genrally have to pass the attitude test too, also there are undercover police that police the police that go out to deliberatly catch coppers that let each other off. So not worth the risk most of the time!
There is always somebody watching!
Old 24-04-06, 03:35 AM   #40
philipMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lew893
We genrally have to pass the attitude test too, also there are undercover police that police the police that go out to deliberatly catch coppers that let each other off. So not worth the risk most of the time!
There is always somebody watching!
This is interesting. So, where I live, in the New York City/ NJ area, there are a lot of cops. I am good friends with a high ranking cop, and when I bought a bike over here, he gave me a special card with some info on it.

I show the card to the cop that reefs me, (like,for instance on the way to my driving test ) the cop asks how I know this guy, I tell him, we go about our business after a little bit of a chat.

Works like a charm. So, not only do cops let other cops off here, they let their mates off too. Shocking form altogether I will agree. But, sometimes I just have to go with the flow .