SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 14-12-06, 11:22 AM   #31
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejohnh
3. Our roads are becoming unpoliced. A camera cannot lecture a driver/rider commiting a misdemeanor.
You obviously don't live North enough Unpoliced? Hah! I see more police cars/vans during a commute than I do WVM!
Only the roads you use Baph! There are three Divisional HQ buildings next to the A55 on your route to work! They are just going for brekky.
Was in town today at 9.00 am and the speed of cars coming down towards the school was apalling, 40+ in 30 limit. Where was plod with his speed camera?
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-06, 11:42 AM   #32
Baph

Too true. Can't wait for the better weather to be able to give it some stick on the A5 again

Vale St is always pretty bad tbh these days. That's why I use the back road, comes up the back of the carpark to the multi-storey
Old 14-12-06, 10:29 PM   #33
netsurfer

In general the driving standard in Britain is getting much worse. Tonight on my way home in the cage I had 6 near misses, all other drivers being daft. Everything from ppl running red lights to pulling out of junctions either without looking or just being plain ****s pushing their way out. Others using wrong lanes on roundabouts, no indicators switching lanes without looking etc.

In one respect I wish we had more unmarked police cars on the road to sort them out, but then again I wish they'd stay in the station while im out on the bike cant have it both ways I suppose.

Pete