SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 23-09-11, 08:15 PM   #31
embee
Mega Poster

Default Re: Is the Prius an acceptable car?

If you want super reliability and cheap running costs for 20mls/day use and could live with a "slightly" smaller car, look at a Honda Jazz. It might not be big enough but they are way bigger inside than a 500 for example. Topped the reliability charts for years now.
Old 23-09-11, 08:25 PM   #32
ravingdavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim in Belgium View Post
Or a proper car:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3210770.htm

I'm sure you're starting to see sense by now.....
Haha, the insurance companies would laugh me off the phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
If you want super reliability and cheap running costs for 20mls/day use and could live with a "slightly" smaller car, look at a Honda Jazz. It might not be big enough but they are way bigger inside than a 500 for example. Topped the reliability charts for years now.
Too small.

I don't know what to do. /sigh
Old 23-09-11, 08:25 PM   #33
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialone View Post
These cars new are lot more expensive than any hatchback diesel, surely a 3 year old diesel will be cheaper than a 3 year old prius due mainly to the original purchase cost?
Not for the same size and quality of car, ie: Focus sized or bigger, but Japanese or German brand, the Prius may be dear to buy, but it depreciates like stone falling off a cliff.
Old 23-09-11, 08:26 PM   #34
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Spend you 9k on one of these as they are the coolest cars on the road. Take only 1 mate in it, tell the other 2 to get the bus.

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/...p/carno/150408

But you'll ignore me because I drive a 2.8 litre 7 series BMW that does 27mpg on a good day. Unless you need lift, then you don't mind getting in it and putting up with a fine selection of Soundgarden, Slipknot, Korn and Eagles of Death Metal.

Prius owners will indeed save the environment but for one reason only. Any man driving one will never get a shag, thus reducing the world population and this will save more fossil fuel for the rest of us.
Old 23-09-11, 08:27 PM   #35
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravingdavis View Post
I don't know what to do. /sigh
Then keep looking.

Sounds like you want a car thats cheap to run and insure, that will seat 3 adults in comfort and deal with your commute to work OK ?

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-11, 08:30 PM   #36
Tim in Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
But you'll ignore me because I drive a 2.8 litre 7 series BMW that does 27mpg on a good day. Unless you need lift, then you don't mind getting in it and putting up with a fine selection of Soundgarden, Slipknot, Korn and Eagles of Death Metal.
I'm disappointed, a 7 series needs the 4 litre V8 to make sense! It'd probably do similar(ish) economy as well!

I'm hoping it's in a dark colour!

And as for insurance, normal cars cost a lot anyway the delta isn't that great, you only live once etc!
Old 23-09-11, 08:31 PM   #37
DJFridge

Only just spotted this thread. Simple answer to your actual question is No. No, no, no, no. And if you didn't already suspect that, you wouldn't have asked.
Old 23-09-11, 08:33 PM   #38
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
Then keep looking.

Sounds like you want a car thats cheap to run and insure, that will seat 3 adults in comfort and deal with your commute to work OK ?
+1, and bugger the passenger comfort, a 5 door Fiesta will take 4 people, and if the colleagues want to contribute to the cost of a bigger car they can moan about the rear legroom, or drive themselves into work! From the drivers seat these small cars have loads of room nowadays, and they sit on the motorway nice and quiet too. With the size of some of the 'small' models now, there's not much between the size of a Fiesta and a Golf, there's only 10cm or so in it.

Last edited by -Ralph-; 23-09-11 at 08:37 PM.
Old 23-09-11, 08:33 PM   #39
ravingdavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
Precisely that.
Old 23-09-11, 08:35 PM   #40
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

So whats wrong with the Fiesta or Focus ? Focus we had had plenty of rear leg room for an adult and had a decent sized boot on it to.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote