SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 02-04-11, 11:32 PM   #31
suicidesam

Default Re: Knockhill

Quote:
Originally Posted by carelesschucca View Post
... if your doing both try and take some fuel with you...
Make that you Must take extra fuel! My mate done a full novice day at the tail end of the year on a new ZX6, Used the full tank (filled at dunfermline) and a gallon can... and the run back to petrol station at night was done on fuel light Was a busy day with not many off's/stoppages so more laps.
Old 05-04-11, 06:53 AM   #32
STRAMASHER
Mega Poster

I got the missus to drive up for a sat&sun track sesh with a boot full of 5ltr petrol cans full of unleaded.

She had the windows all down and the sunroof open the whole way.
STRAMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-11, 09:30 AM   #33
kitkat

ive done about 5 track events at knockhill and didnt have any mishaps. First time was 4 months after passing my test, I was lapped by a 250 trials bike. 2nd time was a ladies only event and this was horrific. Ladies passing their machines over to their other half so they could "show these wimmen how to do it". ****s. next one was an IAM event (where dean tried to take out colin mcrae by throwing his bike up the road). Next was another ladies night with 4 of us on the track (the torrential rain put some off) got it for £20. Last track night was the sv org night. Lots of candy blue svs. Its great when you have friends there but it may make you want to try a bit harder. coming round the hairpin to find dirtybaz sitting on his butt in the middle of the track makes you clench a wee bit. Just pace yourself and have fun. As for doing evening and then full day, good luck. I struggled with the evening one alone, so tiring.
Old 18-04-11, 12:59 PM   #34
greedy4svs

Thanks for all the input folks. Michelin Power Pures fitted and motrax kwikcam has been screwed in where the centre light used to be. Really looking forward to it! Maybe see some of you there!

Last edited by greedy4svs; 18-04-11 at 01:05 PM.
Old 18-04-11, 03:08 PM   #35
combatfred

Quote:
Originally Posted by greedy4svs View Post
Thanks for all the input folks. Michelin Power Pures fitted and motrax kwikcam has been screwed in where the centre light used to be. Really looking forward to it! Maybe see some of you there!
If the weather is OK, then I'm coming through on the Friday. Will take the bike to work and see how the weather is in the afternoon.
Old 23-04-11, 06:51 PM   #36
greedy4svs

Talking Re: Knockhill

Ahh, home in one piece and so is the bike!

Two very different days.
Friday- Sunny, lots of track first timers like me, one other sv650s and a host of other kit. A few lads there who really knew what they were doing and looked fek all like novices but everyone was very decent.

About 5 people chucked it down the road in the first 10 mins then no one else. Most comical was the green kwak which went down at turn 1 on lap 3 or 4!! tube.

Got under 1min10s and the tyres performed perfectly. Wish we'd had a bit more time as I was just starting to get a bit braver!

Motrax kwikcam footage is ace for the money, (will need to sort out a youtube account).

Saturday- Weather was garbage! Mist>Fog + Drizzle>Rain. One of the racers fuel caps came of and the bike p*shed fuel all over the track so it cost everybody about 30mins but this affected the advanced group the most.

Just as we sacked it at 4 o'clock and got the trailer packed we could see blue sky. B*stard. oh well.

Pretty sure I saw combatfred's bike at the side, so "hello" if it was yourself.(?)

Would recommend trackdays to anyone. You really build confidence and improved skills. PLUS- Outbrake people, ride round the outside of them, hell you can even beat them in a straight line! That includes the bigger and sportier bikes. The SV650s is a great tool to learn on.

Next step is one pc leathers and sliders. My tyre was in a beautiful mess round the right hand edge by the end of the first day.
Old 23-04-11, 09:27 PM   #37
combatfred

Hey Greedy,

I did make the trip through & you were impressive out there. I could see your confidence growing.

It was a perfect night for being on track, but it was a bit chilly watching.

I started off at the hairpin, then came to the pits at the first red flag, but you were gabbing to some blokes, so I went for a pee and headed to Duffus Dip for the re-start. I came back to the pits when I saw you were off track, but you were getting some advice from someone. I eventually bailed out at about half7.

As I said, you looked good out there. The other SV had some confidence issues though! There were a few guys who were well handy. Handiest was the guy on the Triumph Speed Triple. He was comfortable from the start and the quickest guy out there.... plus his bike was so freaking loud.

Shame I didn't get the chance to say hello and a bigger shame that Saturday's weather sucked donkey balls.

I had a nice evening and a good blast on the way home, but there was 2 low-lights....
1. Some **** on a new shape Busa passed me on the run from Kincardine out to Knockhill. As I entered a 40 limit village. I slowed to a tad under 50 and he kept it nailed right through the village doing double what I was doing. I was totally shocked. I hoped I'd see him at the circuit so I could tell him he's a F%&KING AR%EHOLE.
2. I had to break into my own garage when I got home, coz the mechanism was jammed. It took me 5 minutes to get in, which is a bit worrying.

Anyway, good effort on your first track outing and I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's got me in the mood, so I think I'll buy the Mrs a track bike for her Birthday.

Take it easy.

Fred
Old 24-04-11, 01:42 PM   #38
greedy4svs

Cheers Fred.
Here's the footage from Friday. Not my quickest session but the only stint I recorded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMXqOlQQR4s

Last edited by greedy4svs; 24-04-11 at 01:43 PM.
Old 24-04-11, 05:22 PM   #39
stuartyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by greedy4svs View Post
Ahh, home in one piece and so is the bike!
.....About 5 people chucked it down the road in the first 10 mins then no one else. Most comical was the green kwak which went down at turn 1 on lap 3 or 4!! tube.
Now now - not nice to poke fun at biker's misfortune.

This will be you then?

Old 24-04-11, 07:59 PM   #40
greedy4svs

wow, what a cool photo! I don't suppose you got any of the tricolore 1098s did you?? (white leathers and italian flag lid) ? its my girlfriend's dad...