SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-01-14, 11:41 PM   #31
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed
Default Re: Police cause SV650 to crash...

If I were either biker I don't think I would have made the two videos public without some good advice and where did the shots from behind the PC come from?. Perhaps I / we need to take a deeper look at the videos.

Last edited by littleoldman2; 05-01-14 at 11:43 PM.
littleoldman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14, 11:49 PM   #32
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzukigt380paul View Post

Careful mate, you're letting a whole profession down......
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14, 11:49 PM   #33
AJC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordward View Post
First bike had to do a full on emergency stop and handled it very well. The forks were on full compression and the front tyre was chattering on the tarmac as he came to a halt. Perhaps his bike had ABS.

Second bike if you look at his helmet cam couldn't see the copper walk out as his view was obscured by the first bike, the first bikes brake light wasn't that obvious because of the fog. At that speed he was probably looking past the first bike at the road ahead anyway. He had less time to react and his braking skills weren't up to scratch, but how many of us can honestly say we practice our emergency braking, know exactly what we can and can't do, and would have certainly have done a better job of it. He wasn't doing much more than 10 mph when he hit the back of the first bike so he wouldn't have been much more than a bikes length further in stopping.

Third bike could see the copper walk out and had a much greater distance to stop.

The copper is a complete KNOB and he's lucky the first bike didn't either bin it first or hit him.
Agree with this.

What exactly the muppet copper was thinking I have no idea. How he thought the correct way to pull a speeding biker (or any vehicle for that matter) was to step out in front of them I have no idea. If I was on the first bike having had to brake like that then get hit from behind i would be immensely not chuffed.

Basically the copper was the cause of the accident, same as anything pulling out onto the road in front of fast moving traffic causing said traffic to emergency brake would be. I can think of no argument to support that being a safe way to pull someone over...
Old 06-01-14, 12:18 AM   #34
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleoldman2 View Post
If I were either biker I don't think I would have made the two videos public without some good advice and where did the shots from behind the PC come from?. Perhaps I / we need to take a deeper look at the videos.

along my thoughts too when I first saw the video, it looks fairly fake to my highly untrained eye!!
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-14, 12:27 AM   #35
thulfi

Quote:
where did the shots from behind the PC come from?.
If you look closely at around 20 seconds in, you can see two people standing behind the copper and a camera stand.

I personally think the copper was a total idiot. No justice was served. I feel bad for the first biker. Looks like the second bike took his left leg out and that must have hurt.
Old 06-01-14, 12:35 AM   #36
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thulfi View Post
If you look closely at around 20 seconds in, you can see two people standing behind the copper and a camera stand.

I personally think the copper was a total idiot. No justice was served. I feel bad for the first biker. Looks like the second bike took his left leg out and that must have hurt.
I know how it was filmed. What I cannot understand is why the police would allow it to go public yesterday when it was supposed to have happened so recently. The guy behind the PC must have been filming for the police or with their permission. So how did the poster of the vid get all three videos together. Seems a bit off to me
Old 06-01-14, 12:43 AM   #37
ToySoldier

id say the police took his video and probable used it to blame the rider and probable do him for dangerous driving as well
Old 06-01-14, 12:53 AM   #38
thulfi

Quote:
I know how it was filmed. What I cannot understand is why the police would allow it to go public yesterday when it was supposed to have happened so recently. The guy behind the PC must have been filming for the police or with their permission. So how did the poster of the vid get all three videos together. Seems a bit off to me
Ah I get ya. Personally if I was either rider (particularly the first), I would have requested a copy of the police video as well as the other riders shot as well, so getting all 3 wouldn't be too much of an issue.

Although I don't know. Are the police legally obligated to provide video evidence of a crash you're involved in if they have it?
Old 06-01-14, 01:41 AM   #39
BanannaMan

Quote:

In the US, Police can confiscate cameras if they are suspected to contain evidence. (which all these do)
Is it the same in the UK???
Still seems a bit off to me as well.

The copper was clearly the cause of the accident, stepping out in front of any speeding vehicle in the fog.
But 90mph in the fog? Really?
Two fools looking for an accident, the results were inevitable.
Shame the cause didn't get to experiance a wee bit of the results.

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"

BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-14, 08:36 AM   #40
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Kn*bhead pedestrians jumping out in front of traffic are a real hazard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
Of course, Transit vans and such like are the worst offenders of the lot....
Oh aye, tell that to north yorks police and you'd be preaching to the choir, been stopping vans recently for doing 60 on NSL single carriagway.

Nice of them going after the scum of the earth worst offenders so we can all sleep easy in our beds eh.