SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Moto GP Goto Moto GP Official Site

Old 26-03-07, 11:23 AM   #31
Filipe M.

Default Re: MotoGP Jerez - chat here, may contain spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelster View Post
For all the mud that gets thrown at him, Hayden is not a poor rider, if he was he wouldn't be World Champion. I think he'll get it eventually, but by that time it could well be far too late,
Everytime I see him ride I think "point and shoot". His riding style was more appropriate to the big bikes, throwing the bike sideways into the corner, losing speed in the process, then charge out big style again relying almost exclusively on horse power. If the 800cc need all the finesse and corner speed everyone is talking about, I can't see him doing well in the next few races... if at all. Maybe a move to SBK is in order, no?
Old 26-03-07, 12:13 PM   #32
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
The guys doing well are, in the most part, those with smaller bike experience
Edwards was I think AMA 250 champion so he does have a fair bit of smaller bike experience.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-07, 12:48 PM   #33
Jelster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
Edwards was I think AMA 250 champion so he does have a fair bit of smaller bike experience.
I think you're right there Fizz, but he did say last season that he had to get back into a "GP" rather than "Superbike" style of riding, which he seems to have achieved.

Old 26-03-07, 01:26 PM   #34
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
I think you're right there Fizz, but he did say last season that he had to get back into a "GP" rather than "Superbike" style of riding, which he seems to have achieved.

He had that distinctive over the front style, because it he needed to get all his weight over the front of the SP2, otherwise it was hard to steer. Then it became a habbit.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-07, 01:32 PM   #35
Filipe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
He had that distinctive over the front style, because it he needed to get all his weight over the front of the SP2, otherwise it was hard to steer. Then he became a hobbit.
I thought we were talking about Colin?
Old 26-03-07, 01:37 PM   #36
Jdubya

It was a good race but I did think that it was a bit processional at the front though...Good to see Rossi on the podium again but it wasn't a very competitive win IMHO
Old 27-03-07, 01:51 PM   #37
Pedrosa

I not be too unhappy at finishing 2nd now twice in Moto Gp at Jerez. This not my best circuit for results. I only won once in 250 and other best finish was 4th two times. Lots of race to go and I think me and Mr. Rossi will be on podium many times.
Old 27-03-07, 01:56 PM   #38
Filipe M.

Any chance of watching you looking at him at eye-level? Your neck must be a bit strained already (unless you enjoy looking at his hips...)
Old 27-03-07, 05:41 PM   #39
Alpinestarhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe M. View Post
Everytime I see him ride I think "point and shoot". His riding style was more appropriate to the big bikes, throwing the bike sideways into the corner, losing speed in the process, then charge out big style again relying almost exclusively on horse power. If the 800cc need all the finesse and corner speed everyone is talking about, I can't see him doing well in the next few races... if at all. Maybe a move to SBK is in order, no?
He iis a big bloke, he looks like he should be playing american football or something. I think he needs to stop hauling the bike around like a superbike and try and work on that corner speed. Easier said than done though, eh?

Maybe follwing dani around a bit, copying his braking points, turning-in points etc would help.

He needs something soon, otherwise he'll go the way of kenny roberts jnr

Matt
Old 29-03-07, 11:59 AM   #40
Pedrosa

I thinking my big friend Nicky get very bad press from many peoples. Many American people very hard on him also. Nicky is top rider for sure and biggest fault he have is no experience at top level of 250cc racing. It very different to carry much higher speed in to turns, not something one can do right away. Nicky be ok in few race time.

Even Mr.Tornado did some 250 racing when young man and you will be see this season that people like Mr.Rossi, Marco,Toni, Casey,Mr.Capirex and maybe me will do ok.

I not saying this but......at moment HRC bike has number of problems and this not making Nicky job easier.

Mr.Capirex been a little distract last few weeks, he been a worry as his wife expect there Nš1 baby any day now. His bike I thinking be very strong once Riccardo arriving.