SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 10-08-07, 03:12 PM   #31
Pedro68

Default Re: Petrol stations and queues...

Tesco pumps must only allow ONE person to fill and pay at a time too because I've been sat there waiting for what seemed like an age thinking 'dozy staff' but now I know it might not actually be their fault
Old 10-08-07, 05:02 PM   #32
JediGoat

One day at my local petrol station there was just such a queue of cars, all waiting for an 'offside' pump.

Pfff....I thought.....and drove my car past the lot of them just to demonstrate that the hose *will* actually stretch far enough to reach the other side of the car.

I pulled up at a vacant pump....got out of the car looking all smug with myself....then noticed that all of the apparantly 'vacant' ones had carrier bags on the pumps....and promptly sauntered towards the cash machine trying to look like that was what I'd come in for

(I then had to drive off and hope I had enough fuel to reach the next petrol station).

Jo
JediGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-07, 07:44 PM   #33
RhythmJunkie

Been there....done that!
Old 10-08-07, 08:47 PM   #34
SVeeedy Gonzales

Depends on the situation - I'd probably wait in rder to avoid just that sort of situation, but other times I've gone past queues where people just are queuing for certain pumps/where someone is blocking cars coming in. It's all down to how bad you think it'll look to the people waiting - if there's no way they can get past then it's fair game, if they're likely to move very soon then you can only expect them to get upset.

Now you've experienced it, would you do it again??