SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Rideouts & Meetings Arrange get togethers and rideouts

Old 08-07-08, 03:43 PM   #31
stewie

Default Re: SV Ecosse Glencoe Massacre- August 16th 2008

Ok, some of you at the AR may have spotted that I had to leave early cos of my dog being seriously ill, well he had a major op yesterday and is now recovering but with cost of the op previous treatment and the AR itself, im well over a grand out of pocket, so Im now only a maybe for this event. I have spoken to Ping and offered my wigwam place back to her so theres a place available, I may well still turn up , after the AR i really need something to look forward too, so hopefully will see you all up there
Old 08-07-08, 03:55 PM   #32
northwind
Mega Poster

Ah, that's rotten Stewie- really hope you can make it but the main thing is your dog's on the mend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
Whats the situation like out in't sticks for petrol? Is there a map anywhere that show where they are?
It's dead easy up to Glasgow, once we get north of that it's a bit less so but the rideout route still has plenty of coverage. I'll work petrol stops into the route though.

Oh, if anyone has a tank range of less than 100 miles let me know please! I hadn't really thought of that til I saw the firestorms at the AR It won't be a problem but it might affect the fuel stop planning.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-08, 04:18 PM   #33
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Right oh, just mines a little thirsty if used in anger, also lost a couple of miles in tank range due to all the body filler in the tank!
yorkie_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-08, 05:05 PM   #34
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Ok, some of you at the AR may have spotted that I had to leave early cos of my dog being seriously ill, well he had a major op yesterday and is now recovering but with cost of the op previous treatment and the AR itself, im well over a grand out of pocket, so Im now only a maybe for this event. I have spoken to Ping and offered my wigwam place back to her so theres a place available, I may well still turn up , after the AR i really need something to look forward too, so hopefully will see you all up there
aww stewie, glad your doggies still here, I'm still a shall I/shan't I cause of im Indoors, if I do go, it'll be a last resort, and a wiggywam place(if available) would suit, as all that gear and little me in a tent alone, wouldn't be much fun...

I will keep Northy posted after matts op, so I won't put a defo on the list for now

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-08, 06:01 PM   #35
MR UKI (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind View Post
Ah, that's rotten Stewie- really hope you can make it but the main thing is your dog's on the mend.

It's dead easy up to Glasgow, once we get north of that it's a bit less so but the rideout route still has plenty of coverage. I'll work petrol stops into the route though.

Oh, if anyone has a tank range of less than 100 miles let me know please! I hadn't really thought of that til I saw the firestorms at the AR It won't be a problem but it might affect the fuel stop planning.
May have a tank range of 100ish Northwind, them there roads you've planned may see me dip below that figure
Old 08-07-08, 06:07 PM   #36
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Default SV Ecosse Glencoe Massacre chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Glad your dog is on the mend, and fingers crossed you'll still make it. We haven't seen your new bike yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind View Post

Should be ok for 100 miles, getting about the same fuel consumption from the Duc as we do from the SV

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-08, 06:23 PM   #37
Pingu65

Don't worry about me - the VStrom will do 180 miles two-up on a full tank
Old 08-07-08, 06:31 PM   #38
MR UKI (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingu65 View Post
I'll syphon some of yours then, that would be 140 each
Old 08-07-08, 06:38 PM   #39
Speedy Claire

Sorry to hear bout your dog Stewie but really glad he`s on the mend. Hope to see you there and would be such a shame if you couldn`t make it.

I`ve cancelled my hip surgery today as I received a letter saying they`d scheduled it for the week prior to this and I`d have been on crutches and unable to make it. After the AR I`m really looking forward to this event.
Old 08-07-08, 06:43 PM   #40
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingu65 View Post
Do I detect a hint of smugness there?

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote