SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-06-08, 01:29 PM   #31
kitkat

Default Re: the weekend thread - sponsored by 42 day internment

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbouy View Post
Sat work. go from Cannes to St Tropez pick up the owner. sit out at anchor as the port is full.
Sunday work go from St Tropez to Nice, owner goes, get ready for a 25 person bkf monday morning, in the port on monday.

Most important is stay out of the sun, its getting bl**dy hot and I go red

poor you some people have such a hard life
Old 21-06-08, 09:00 PM   #32
Stingo

I would just like to say that Mary Poppins was brill...you'll believe a Nanny can fly!!
No really - twas great.

As for the rest of the day, frosty stares...odd comments...the old black/white syndrome. Trouble with me is I just want a peaceful easy life - which now means the more I can get away with saying less, the easier things become...because if I keep my trap shut then I obviously can't sya the wrong thing...I think..er...is that right? Maybe I should just ...
Old 22-06-08, 09:54 AM   #33
kitkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
I would just like to say that Mary Poppins was brill...you'll believe a Nanny can fly!!
No really - twas great.

As for the rest of the day, frosty stares...odd comments...the old black/white syndrome. Trouble with me is I just want a peaceful easy life - which now means the more I can get away with saying less, the easier things become...because if I keep my trap shut then I obviously can't sya the wrong thing...I think..er...is that right? Maybe I should just ...

so stingo what have you been up to to upset the little bilge rat?
Old 22-06-08, 11:08 AM   #34
redbouy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
poor you some people have such a hard life
was a good night after all. The boss has hi's father down so I went out with them and one of the deck hands, and had a "few" drinks round town. was funny watching all the girls come on to the boss with us standing there in dress uniform.
Now however one generator has just blown a hole in the coolant side and shut down and the other one is a bit sick as well. Hot out side and even hotter working in the engine room on a over heated gen set.
Old 22-06-08, 12:03 PM   #35
Stingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
so stingo what have you been up to to upset the little bilge rat?
I'm male so it's probably what I thoroughly deserve.Particularly as I live in the same hovel as the aforementioned bilge rat.. I love going to work...doesn't make me a bad person...just means I feel better about myself than when I'm at the so-called home. At work I can and be , even this . Home is where the and and is!!

Edit - I'm really looking forward to nipping up to London in November again...must make a concerted effort to remain a little more sober than last time though!!
Old 22-06-08, 04:22 PM   #36
kitkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
I'm male so it's probably what I thoroughly deserve.Particularly as I live in the same hovel as the aforementioned bilge rat.. I love going to work...doesn't make me a bad person...just means I feel better about myself than when I'm at the so-called home. At work I can and be , even this . Home is where the and and is!!

Edit - I'm really looking forward to nipping up to London in November again...must make a concerted effort to remain a little more sober than last time though!!
sounds like typical married navy life. I speak from experience as I did that for 12 years. then I got out woohoo

enjoy London