SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-09-08, 08:15 PM   #31
metalmonkey

Default Re: The weight loss Thread

I'm short and light I'm 5 7" and 10 stone though does vary slightly a bit up and down.

If you want to lose weight, its a life style change. ie if your a little piggy and eat too much junk food then stop it now!

I control my weight by eating less food really, not too much junk food either. don't get me wrong I still drink but less than use too, I still eat junk but less of it.

I find the other thing with shift work, I sometimes get eat only twice a day. I did about 15 hours yesterday at work I ate twice I barley had time to eat the 1/2 pounder I inhaled before heading to yet another call.

Think of it as engery in, engery out. If you eat too much then that engery becomes fat, eat less then it won't The otherside is if you train then you need to eat more. Iused to train about 4-5 times week, so it has taken along time for me to become trim.

As I said on various post, I need to start treaining again.

Also if your working out and you put weight, don't worry its muscle it weight more than fat!

Good luck with it, don't lose heart. It will take time.
Old 26-09-08, 08:33 PM   #32
Lou M

I've always been a bit porky, and my weight has been linked to my depression. I've put a stone on over the last year and the black clouds have come with it, I have managed to lose 1/2 stone over the summer holidays and feel so much better.

My doctor advised never to lose more than a pound a week, makes it more achievable.
26th November you say? Right, another 1/2 stone by then.
Old 26-09-08, 08:39 PM   #33
tanis34

i weigh 10.5 stone always have dont matter how much i eat (thats why the missus hates me ) lol
Old 26-09-08, 08:47 PM   #34
Lou M

Tanis, you sound like my other half, Mr Lou is 5'10'' and weighs 10st, and always has. But we both get annoyed when people say 'aren't you lucky', he's not, he has to work at it and is very careful, he's taught me alot about eating, or is that not eating.
I am two stone lighter, just still got a long way to go.
Old 26-09-08, 08:54 PM   #35
Vickster

I eat and drink what I like. Never put on weight. Although I am 22 stone, which probably explains it !
Old 26-09-08, 08:58 PM   #36
cuffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickster View Post
I eat and drink what I like. Never put on weight. Although I am 22 stone, which probably explains it !
You lost a couple of lb's then
Old 26-09-08, 09:02 PM   #37
tanis34

hey two stone is a lot of weight to lose , the missus has been dieting on and of since i met her , her problem is wine she enjoys the good life too much as for me window cleaning is very active so i burn off a lot of energy
Old 26-09-08, 09:16 PM   #38
mrs cuffy

Cut out the junk food, then eat little and often along with alittle exercise, your soon see the weight fall off
Old 26-09-08, 09:23 PM   #39
Vickster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuffy View Post
You lost a couple of lb's then

Yeah tried the slim fast diet. worked a treat
Old 26-09-08, 09:25 PM   #40
tanis34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou M View Post
Tanis, you sound like my other half, Mr Lou is 5'10'' and weighs 10st, and always has. But we both get annoyed when people say 'aren't you lucky', he's not, he has to work at it and is very careful, he's taught me alot about eating, or is that not eating.
I am two stone lighter, just still got a long way to go.
i think u should be very pleased with yourself for losing 2 st