SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 14-07-09, 11:54 AM   #31
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Default Re: New language Perhaps ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post
although " Doing a YC = be turned up and was eating all my biscuits" what do you think ?
Perhaps it could be more along the lines of
' to fit in this group your bike must be covered by at least half a large roll of black gaffer, sprayed with matt black paint somewhere, and have numerous working bodges all over your bike'

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-09, 11:56 AM   #32
ophic
Mega Poster

Quote:
well not picking on anyone, so Graciepants got in there first, as the event is rare enough it qualifies ( great this making the rules up lark.... ).

Cheers Mark.
Thats ok - i don't think she'd appreciate it anyway
Old 14-07-09, 11:59 AM   #33
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

How about doing a Spidey for anyone who manages to talk traffic wardens out of issuing tickets to bikes?
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-09, 12:12 PM   #34
jambo
Mega Poster

Quote:
Warranted I’ll grant you, however a little too specific, in order to use it in “the new language” examples needs to be more generalistic in their meaning as in " I had a "Graciepants" day thursday, or had a little to much to drink and ended up doing a "Grinch" at the AR, that kind of thing.

Cheers Mark.
How about Doing a Spidey: "Getting into an argument with a bureaucratic department or person and winning"

Jambo
Old 14-07-09, 12:18 PM   #35
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

funny enough i just won another one against Camden. They got me in a yellow lined bus lane but they withdrew the ticket. "I am satisfied that the contravention occured: hoever, due to a clerical error i am not satisfied that the event was recorded to the high standards that the council would expect and i am therefore willing to excercise some discretion and cancel the Penatly Charge Notice"

Derail over.

How about doing a Spidey = Sending officaldom away and stopping them ruining our fun?
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Old 14-07-09, 12:20 PM   #36
Alpinestarhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
funny enough i just won another one against Camden. They got me in a yellow lined bus lane but they withdrew the ticket. "I am satisfied that the contravention occured: hoever, due to a clerical error i am not satisfied that the event was recorded to the high standards that the council would expect and i am therefore willing to excercise some discretion and cancel the Penatly Charge Notice"

Derail over.

How about doing a Spidey = Sending officaldom away and stopping them ruining our fun?
i think this works, whenever i see a problem with officialdom on london i always think "spidey would get that sorted out"
Old 14-07-09, 12:21 PM   #37
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

I dont mind which description thb, both work well enough to get the point across, lol.
Old 14-07-09, 12:29 PM   #38
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedsmatt7 View Post
I like the TLW one, about hitting street furniture during an off and having the SF come off worse than yourself. topwork.

SAme could be said for MRspeirs but TLW did it first.
I beat him by some margin to that, on the N. Wales rideout #1. I'm sure someone had beaten me to it as well
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-09, 12:37 PM   #39
plowsie

Doing a 'furniture surf' then?

Aiming you and your bike at any road furniture, Wolf with the road sign, Speirso fire balling into an armco, Mike into the fence.
Old 14-07-09, 12:55 PM   #40
krhall

doing a Kwak = Cleaning your bike within an inch of its life whilst feeding your autosol addiction