SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-04-06, 01:19 PM   #31
DanAbnormal

Ooh I saw some of those gloves but if I bought some I might regret it. Some drivers are just asking for a ****ting.

Ho hum.
Old 18-04-06, 02:27 PM   #32
socommk23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelster
See, there you go again, it's like waving a red flag at a bull isn't it....

No, I'm not that good, in fact I came off a few weeks ago and wrote off a brand new SV. If I was that good I would have noticed the diesel on the road in the dark, but it's one of those things that happens to bikes.

All I'm saying is that only you can decide how you ride, and with an attitude and personality like you are displaying on here, you have a very good chance of being a government statistic. Hazard perception is a major part of riding and you should be aware of junctions etc and be prepared to expect the unexpected. In built up areas that sort of thing is going to happen, it's a fact of life

It doesn't matter what or how much I say, you are not interested in reading it, because you have already made your mind up. It's never going to be your fault and everybody has to work around you, because you're riding within the law. Wake up and smell the coffee, life just isn't like that. If you had as much experience as you claim you would know this.

I rest my case...........

i really dont think you are reading what i have got to say!
your just looking at the parts where the insult is directed at you!
i did say i was looking where i was going..and being carefull about it!
its nothing to do with my riding skill, personality or attitude, its that that has saved me time and time again!

so....i will make my point again...
people will still pull out and be unaware of it!
yes i lost my cool a couple of times
but the drivers need to be made aware of what they have done so they can learn from mistakes befor its one that kills someone!

any chance you might understand me now?
there was no need for any personal insults or judging of caracters just to get the point across. (im guilty too i know)
Old 18-04-06, 02:42 PM   #33
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by socommk23
but the drivers need to be made aware of what they have done so they can learn from mistakes befor its one that kills someone!
I understand where you are coming from as I suspect Jelster will do as well.

What you have to remember is that car drivers are surround by metal and four wheels. Now whilst you might choose to re-educate them with an appropriate gesture or removing theig wing mirror or taking a good kick at their car. ( I'm no saint where this is concerned and neither I suspect are the majority of people on this forum. If in doubt you can track down the car driver that nearly knocked Liz off her bike on the M27 on Sunday and ask him what happens when I do get cross with cagers. ) You have to bear in mind that stopping in the road and getting of your bike puts you in a vulnerable position ( body armour, lid etc or not ) i.e. a car driver that you have gestured at and may or may not have provoked a road rage incident may well run you over and kill you. Or move over on you and a little nudge will have you slding along the tarmac. Maybe you will slide and not hit anything. Maybe you'll slide into the path of another car and get squashed that way.

You with respect. Come across as being aggressive in your tone of how you have already posted. I do know what you mean about telling car drivers they have the driving etiquette of a demented small rodent. But at the end of the day thats a job for the boys in blue. So why dont you just let it go, or take their number and report them for driving like a tw*t. Life is to precious to end underneath the wheels of a road ragers car.

Dont retaliate in kind or with anger or agression IMHO you may well come off worse and we've had enough prangs and worse this year already.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-06, 02:46 PM   #34
socommk23

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel
Quote:
I understand where you are coming from as I suspect Jelster will do as well.

What you have to remember is that car drivers are surround by metal and four wheels. Now whilst you might choose to re-educate them with an appropriate gesture or removing theig wing mirror or taking a good kick at their car. ( I'm no saint where this is concerned and neither I suspect are the majority of people on this forum. If in doubt you can track down the car driver that nearly knocked Liz off her bike on the M27 on Sunday and ask him what happens when I do get cross with cagers. ) You have to bear in mind that stopping in the road and getting of your bike puts you in a vulnerable position ( body armour, lid etc or not ) i.e. a car driver that you have gestured at and may or may not have provoked a road rage incident may well run you over and kill you. Or move over on you and a little nudge will have you slding along the tarmac. Maybe you will slide and not hit anything. Maybe you'll slide into the path of another car and get squashed that way.

You with respect. Come across as being aggressive in your tone of how you have already posted. I do know what you mean about telling car drivers they have the driving etiquette of a demented small rodent. But at the end of the day thats a job for the boys in blue. So why dont you just let it go, or take their number and report them for driving like a tw*t. Life is to precious to end underneath the wheels of a road ragers car.

Dont retaliate in kind or with anger or agression IMHO you may well come off worse and we've had enough prangs and worse this year already.
and i agree with you!
i just said i lost it a couple of times and appologise for seeming really aggresive.
i can be at times...though its not me in person...if that makes sence?
i have a v strong oppinion on this subject as ive been a victim of this stupidity too many times and it does rattle my cage!
i do appologise for coming across to aggrsivly.
i will as people have said.."take a chill pill".
Old 18-04-06, 03:30 PM   #35
Jelster

Quote:
i really dont think you are reading what i have got to say!
your just looking at the parts where the insult is directed at you!
i did say i was looking where i was going..and being carefull about it!
its nothing to do with my riding skill, personality or attitude, its that that has saved me time and time again!

any chance you might understand me now?
there was no need for any personal insults or judging of caracters just to get the point across. (im guilty too i know)
socommk23, I've no intention of being personal towards you, and I apologise if you have taken it so, but as Fizz states above, your tone is very aggresive and you also seem to take an opinion of "I'm in the right so they should be dictated to".

The problem is that in the real world cars out number us over 100:1, and I reckon at least 5% of them don't give a toss about a bloke on a bike, so you have to think for them.

It may not be right, but until this government goes back to "proper" traffic policing and stops relying on their "speed kills" policy that's the way it will stay. It's one of those things that goes with riding a bike, like it or not....

Old 18-04-06, 05:56 PM   #36
raymond smith

i think you would need to be a saint not to lose your cool from time to time but i learned a valuble lesson having been charged with criminal damage to a car which had tried to run me off the road after an altercation. fortunately i was found not guilty and he and the police got a bollocking from the magistrate. this guy deliberately targeted me and i reacted instead of leaving it alone. however most of the time it is poor driving and nothing personal. when commuting i,ve found that if i don,t go for every gap and filter, i get home or to work a lot calmer and it only takes a couple of minutes longer. to make yourself feel better try commuting by bicycle which i do several times a week. SCARY!
Old 18-04-06, 06:03 PM   #37
kciN

Socomm, I digress, your bike really looks high at the back...!!

(Carry on with original thread, sorry)!
Old 18-04-06, 08:03 PM   #38
socommk23

it is high! i like it like that...bike ass in the air just like me women...ass in the air!
lol
as for the thread....i give up...my opinion seems to have no strenght....even to me now!
Old 18-04-06, 08:04 PM   #39
Razor

I reckon it's damned if you do damned if you don't situation.
You lose your cool and banjo some nonce it'll be assualt, smash his mirror it's crim damage. Just losing your cool can affect your focus and that is where you could take yourself out worse than what some myopic cager could do.
I try to ride cool as a buddist monk with his gonads on ice cubes.

If you believe you're invisible and ride that way, how can they hit you?
Old 18-04-06, 08:31 PM   #40
madmal

waoooh you guys, were a friendly bunch really. now as for the visor down, eye contact, filling of thundercrackers by cager