SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-07-07, 04:11 PM   #31
5v5 rider

Default Re: New Name for pearsoph

Right.....long story short....the rear wheel alignment was out...WAY OUT!! I took her to an insurance write off company to get the frame and everything measured fully and it turns out it was within the suzuki parameters so that was good, and when he checked the rear wheel alignment using the lasers it was out about 3/4 inch from front to back which is huge....this meant the tyre wear was shockinly bad down one side on front and rear makin it really hard to gauge any corner as the tyre was going where it wanted to go, all in all £100 spent but I now have a bike thats worth its money!! all sorted....my next step is get a laser tool for adjusting the chain as thats where it seems to have gone wrong - being that the standard chunk of metal that suzuki supply you with is as useful as a chocolate fireguard and can be way out either side without you even knowing by lookin at it. M & P for me for a laser me thinks!!
Old 29-07-07, 05:04 PM   #32
kwak zzr

glad your all sorted and now your mind can rest
Old 30-07-07, 09:03 AM   #33
zunkus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5v5 rider View Post
...my next step is get a laser tool for adjusting the chain as thats where it seems to have gone wrong - being that the standard chunk of metal that suzuki supply you with is as useful as a chocolate fireguard and can be way out either side without you even knowing by looking at it. M&P for me for a laser me thinks!!
Laser tool for adjusting the chain. This is quite interesting. I too find I have to adjust the alignment quite often. I think its the rubbish roads we have here which rattle and shakes the bike quite a bit which causes this. So what is this tool exactly and how is it used?
Old 30-07-07, 10:32 AM   #34
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

I promise you it will cost more than a lump of 3x2. Was going to suggest the wheel alignment before i saw it was sorted, on my 125 the markers are all to pot and don't tell you a thing, the only way to be sure of alignment is with a straightedge or using a tapemeasure.
Old 30-07-07, 08:28 PM   #35
El Saxo

Result! Glad you got it sorted mate
Old 30-07-07, 09:22 PM   #36
tigersaw
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zunkus View Post
Laser tool for adjusting the chain. This is quite interesting. I too find I have to adjust the alignment quite often. I think its the rubbish roads we have here which rattle and shakes the bike quite a bit which causes this. So what is this tool exactly and how is it used?
Are we referring to this?

http://www.mandp.co.uk/productInfo.aspx?catRef=537904

Looks pretty expensive at £50, I reckon I could make something as good from a £10 laser spirit level.
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-07, 08:23 AM   #37
5v5 rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersaw View Post
Are we referring to this?

http://www.mandp.co.uk/productInfo.aspx?catRef=537904

Looks pretty expensive at £50, I reckon I could make something as good from a £10 laser spirit level.
Let me know how you get on withe the £10 level as I think £50 is a bit steep as well...