SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 24-02-09, 08:40 AM   #31
melody

Default Re: MOT Failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Squid View Post
Can only echo the advice of a second opinion, but, is the bracket part of the exhaust system, or part of the car the exhaust hangs on to?

If the exhaust, then I would certainly approach whoever fitted it and ask about a warranty repair. If it's part of the car then none of the above advice concerns or has considered that. Check this, it's important.
I had my car looked at yesterday by a different garage so I could get an unbiased assessment. They reckon the bracket is part of the exhaust system so should fall under the warranty. I also asked them to have a look at the power steering problem, and they've quoted me £200 to sort out. Definitely better than £290.

So tomorrow I'm taking it back to the garage that originally fitted the exhaust and hopefully have it rectified as they said they would.
Old 24-02-09, 12:48 PM   #32
600+

good news then next thing u'll find yourself repairing BMW vehicles in the desert
Old 24-02-09, 01:36 PM   #33
markmoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by melody View Post
I had my car looked at yesterday by a different garage so I could get an unbiased assessment. They reckon the bracket is part of the exhaust system so should fall under the warranty. I also asked them to have a look at the power steering problem, and they've quoted me £200 to sort out. Definitely better than £290.

So tomorrow I'm taking it back to the garage that originally fitted the exhaust and hopefully have it rectified as they said they would.
Nice one mel, i can only assume changing the power steering pipe must be a labour intensive job the pipes propably about £50. Least you have saved yourself £100 more spendin money for your travels eh
Old 24-02-09, 03:06 PM   #34
melody

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600+ View Post
good news then next thing u'll find yourself repairing BMW vehicles in the desert
Hopefully not. I've just had my nails done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mototech View Post
Nice one mel, i can only assume changing the power steering pipe must be a labour intensive job the pipes propably about £50. Least you have saved yourself £100 more spendin money for your travels eh
Yep. Apparently it is a major job getting to the pipe. The pipe costs £30, the rest is labour. Fair enough - I've saved £100 = new pair of shoes