SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-11-06, 01:24 PM   #31
Ter

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind
The seller did say he needs to be told in each paypal payment what size, temperature etc it is, so it's not just H4...
Yeah I saw,

Just was interested in how he'd get a BI-Xenon arrangement in a H1 or H3 style bulb, they're tiny!!

Then again you'd stick one non Bi-Xenoneach each headlight I guess? But then you'd have a problem lighting up the hi beam quickly(flashing) since they take a 'while' to heat/light up (Ceri)

Maybe it wouldn't be different at all?

End of month is cool for me, I'll just watch this space
Old 09-11-06, 10:04 PM   #32
svrash

Emailed the guy today re: Tax, confirming the price and if a person can have more then 1 kit, this was his reply

Quote:
Hey Ashleigh, £100 is the price we will offer you and this does include the postage costs. It doesn’t matter to me how you get 10 kits sold. Just to be clear these will be 10 car kits needed sold.

As for the import tax, these will come from overseas and what we will do is put an invoice value of $20 usd on the package so you won’t be hit with custom tax, unless they stop the package and inspect it, which is about a 5% chance.

Thanks !

Chris
So if you know anyone off the forums who would want a kit, get the money off them and order 2 kits

I know its 3 weeks until the mass order goes in but we need at least 4 more people in on the deal
Old 10-11-06, 09:52 AM   #33
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri JC
Just a quick couple of questions as I may well be interested (insurance money came through today )...

I've got one of these:

http://www.acerbis.com/p107_headlight/3028.html
(not yet fitted).

I've heard that these can melt if you put a 55W bulb in them. They come with 35W bulbs as standard. I take it 35W HIDs should be fine in it too?

Also, how "removeable" is the HID system; say I buy a different bike, will it be reasonably easy to move the HID system to that and put the SV back to stock?
Ceri

They wont fit the arabis nose as it uses domestic 35w halogen bulbs that you would buy from the like of B&Q for your kitchen etc. The bulbs are poo in them things, be warned!

These kits as far as i know are for std bulbs, so H4, H7 etc. remember that H4 are the only dual filimanet bulb. H7/H1 are a single filiment bulb as std. So, if you get a H& or H1 set up, im almost positive that it will be a Single Xeon bulb, so high or low bean only. As this only affects the Import Mk1 riders, then this shouldnt be too much hassle.

HTH
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-06, 11:15 AM   #34
Ceri JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney
Ceri

They wont fit the arabis nose as it uses domestic 35w halogen bulbs that you would buy from the like of B&Q for your kitchen etc. The bulbs are poo in them things, be warned!

These kits as far as i know are for std bulbs, so H4, H7 etc. remember that H4 are the only dual filimanet bulb. H7/H1 are a single filiment bulb as std. So, if you get a H& or H1 set up, im almost positive that it will be a Single Xeon bulb, so high or low bean only. As this only affects the Import Mk1 riders, then this shouldnt be too much hassle.

HTH

Ta Viney. I've not fitted the Acerbis headlight cowl and had been waiting to see if I could get a HID (which I'd probably fit to my current standard headlight K4 SV650s) then move it into this later, or possibly onto a later streetfighter project.

I'll have a look at what my bank balance looks like a bit nearer the end of the month, but I'll probably get a kit for my bike as it is at the moment anyway.
Old 10-11-06, 10:42 PM   #35
svrash

Quote:
People who want kits so far are:-
Ter
Carsick
Viney
Dirty Dog ???
svrash x2 (me )
Northwind
Mech
21QUEST
Ceri JC ???
Well if Ceri JC and Dirty Dog can do it and every one listed don't pull out for what ever reason, then we got the 10 we need with the 2 kits i want

Of coarse if we can get some more in on the deal the better
Old 11-11-06, 12:53 AM   #36
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Is there anyone in that list with a pointy?
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-06, 09:05 AM   #37
svrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
Ceri JC not sure about the rest, apart from northy who of corase has his curvey
Old 11-11-06, 09:47 AM   #38
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
It will fit a point, and i think Ceri is a pointy owner
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-06, 08:54 PM   #39
svrash

richwill68 makes 11
Old 13-11-06, 12:26 AM   #40
ejohnh

Quote:
Originally Posted by svrash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants
Thry have a bike kit for £70 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter
Would this not be the correct link?
No, these are both xenon not the Bi-xenon which means it'll be on a constant hi-beam, bi-xenon means, as said above, it has a shield that moves over the bulb giving a hi or dipped beam and they're only single units which would be no good for SVS's, like i said if you only have one headlight, try and get in with another guy with a single headlight and go halves

The guy that sells the XLS kits on eBay has exclusivity on the kits (the manufacturers confirmed this when i emailed them), hes the only seller on eBay, the cheaper kits that are on there maybe OK but i'd rather get a better quality kit

P.S. the ballasts are 3x3.5x1.25 inches and water proof

The relay harness connects to both bulbs. Seems to me that the kit cannot be simply split in half. The £70 single bi-xenon kit seems to be sold by the same people as the double bi-xenon kit.