SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-11-08, 05:21 PM   #31
stewie

Default Re: Another terrorist attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin_Squirrel View Post
It wasn't the other way around - Muslims were massacring westerners.
What I meant was, if muslims are killed, well who cares, but if its someone else, well that matters, see we,ve got guys on here who are muslims, but we,ve here before I reckon I suppose.
Old 29-11-08, 05:23 PM   #32
madness

What we need to remember is that western countries - Britain, USA, France, Belgium, Holland etc, etc, have essentially invaded other countries, killed, tortured, stole etc, etc. You can't blame third world countries for hating the west. Also in the past the christian religion has hunted and murdered non conformists.
There are a lot of evil people in the world and I think that many of them do use religion and politics to justify their evil acts.
Old 29-11-08, 05:27 PM   #33
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
What I meant was, if muslims are killed, well who cares, but if its someone else, well that matters, see we,ve got guys on here who are muslims, but we,ve here before I reckon I suppose.
I know what you meant, but you're missing the point.

A bunch of violent lunatics deliberately targeted and killed people from the UK and US. Saying 'well this only got any media time because the perpetrators were muslim', is ridiculous. If they were Hindu, this would have had just as much air time.
Old 29-11-08, 05:34 PM   #34
600+

can we pls not confuse Jews (people believing in Judaism) with Israelis!!

I'll leave you to continue your debate
Old 29-11-08, 05:54 PM   #35
stewie

Quote:
I know what you meant, but you're missing the point.

A bunch of violent lunatics deliberately targeted and killed people from the UK and US. Saying 'well this only got any media time because the perpetrators were muslim', is ridiculous. If they were Hindu, this would have had just as much air time.
Yeah I know what you,re saying but I honestly dont beleive they actively went after westerners, I think they were pakistani,s who went after Indians and killed whoever they could, whoever got in the way really, sad thing of course was the fact that possibly quite a few innocent muslims, jews, christians etc.. died because of there actions, thats the sad part.
Old 29-11-08, 05:58 PM   #36
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Yeah I know what you,re saying but I honestly dont beleive they actively went after westerners, I think they were pakistani,s who went after Indians and killed whoever they could, whoever got in the way really, sad thing of course was the fact that possibly quite a few innocent muslims, jews, christians etc.. died because of there actions, thats the sad part.
I heard on the radio they were specifically targeting UK and US citizens.
Old 29-11-08, 06:00 PM   #37
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

It makes strategic sense if you want to hurt india though, what better way to reduce income from tourism than to slaughter tourists. Killing indians to make whatever political statement is all well and good but lets face it there are a lot of indians.
Old 29-11-08, 06:14 PM   #38
stewie

Quote:
Tbh Ive heard it myself, but with a death toll now reaching 195 I would bet that the vast majority were just ordinary people going about there buisness. It,ll happen again of course, could be germany next time or new zealand, mass murderers are mass murderers whatever you call em.
Old 29-11-08, 06:55 PM   #39
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
How many people here work in the intelligence services, are in the armed forces and serviced in confrontations of this manor, or are you all listening to the news and believing every word?

Stop focusing on unconfirmed reports about the terrorist incident in India, targets went into the buildings and opened fire on everybody. The did not aim for UK or US packages specifically, if they did the foreign death toll would be a lot lower and the package death toll would be a lot higher given the amount in those locations! One person out of hundreds who have escaped said they were looking for western tourists, one person! If you look into the while India incident you will notice they are not actually holding hostages, people have barricaded themselves in to rooms and the are inaccessible from the targets and the Commandos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
It makes strategic sense if you want to hurt india though, what better way to reduce income from tourism than to slaughter tourists.
It is working isn't it, flights and holiday packages have been cancelled and foreign nationals are fleeing the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness View Post
What we need to remember is that western countries - Britain, USA, France, Belgium, Holland etc, etc, have essentially invaded other countries, killed, tortured, stole etc, etc. You can't blame third world countries for hating the west.
The west has used and abused everybody, we only have an interest in what serves us and when that is gone we walk away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
Seems like a pretty stupid place to fight over. Especially considering the Afghans historic penchant for combat.
Afghan is a war we will never win, the primary aim is to remove the Taliban from power and yet we make no advancements and gain no new ground for any tactical advantage. It has been like this for years now. We have no position of safety, this is something the Taliban have.
Old 29-11-08, 07:02 PM   #40
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

And they've been fighting all comers for the last few hundred years, and they're pretty well holed up in the mountains, and they have no particular objectives other than to make a nuisance of themselves untill the occupying power can no longer project force or loses interest.

Bad idea fighting there.