SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2006 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2006 SV650.org's annual rideout

View Poll Results: Please choose from the three options below for AR06 date.
Weekend of June 10th / 11th. 21 32.31%
Weekend of June 24th / 25th. 15 23.08%
Weekend of July 8th / 9th. 29 44.62%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14-01-06, 02:03 PM   #31
Ceri JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
Ian..yes indeed 40 votes but not even with that number is there an obvious favourite from what I can see? Therefore if those that have voted for a particular day cannot attend on an alternative date then up to now just a little bit of non-interest going on?

Mind you I guess things will change when the good weather comes along and other peeps will just tag on to the elected date.
I would be interested to see how many people have voted for a particular day for no real reason; IE they don't specifically know they can't make any of them. I really think a "I can make any of them really but I'd prefer..." might have been a good option.

Old 14-01-06, 05:20 PM   #32
Stig

To be honest I don't see that there is any point. The idea of the poll is to get the most favourable date of all that wish to attend. The dates are not going to be changed. So if anyone can not make any of the three weekends there is no point in them voting.

If I were to put a poll that stated can make any date and people voted for that, then they may as well not have voted in the first place. The idea is to get as many people as possible to choose from one of the three dates.

There was plenty of discussion before the dates were chosen. I did not choose the dates. We (as in admin, moderators) did not want a repetition of last year where by the discussion went on for weeks as to when it should be. Each time a date was mentioned there were people against it for what ever reason, and so it went on. This alone led to quite a few people not being able to get the time away from work or be able to make the necessary preparations. Baby sitters and the like.

At least this way a date will be chosen by the majority and it will give people far more advance notice of the actual date.

Hope this makes sense to you. I'm sure you will let me know if it is not.

Old 14-01-06, 05:40 PM   #33
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I've been keeping quiet about why i voted like I did but heres why

I'm going on the North South ride on the 17th / 18th june therefore the thought of AR06 being the weekend before or after this, doesnt really appeal, but if thats what everybody decides then fair enough so be it.

I going to Donnington on 2nd July for the GP, so that means that if AR06 is 8th / 9th july then I get a weekend off in between the North / South Rideout and AR06 if it falls on the july weekend. Which is why I voted for the 8th and 9th July.

I dont see why this has to be so difficult, its only a date, its months away, I am sure the majority of people could plan around it aslong as the date is set early enough.

I personally wouldnt want to see this all get moved about just to suit the needs of the few rather than the needs of many.

As always just my opinion

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 14-01-06, 06:29 PM   #34
Moo

8th-9th July suits me best.

Old 14-01-06, 07:24 PM   #35
diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri JC
I would be interested to see how many people have voted for a particular day for no real reason; IE they don't specifically know they can't make any of them. I really think a "I can make any of them really but I'd prefer..." might have been a good option.
I disagree with this, personally I havent voted, purely because it doesnt matter to me what weekend it is as I will be going no matter what. I dont think that I can be the only person that hasnt voted. If people are finding that they have prior plans they should decide whats more important to them.

Old 14-01-06, 07:33 PM   #36
Stig

There really is no point in having a debate about this. The dates that have been picked were picked for a very good reason. As I stated in the first post, these dates are not going to be suitable for everyone. That would be impossible.

I for one also do not care and have not voted. I'm the same as e.d and will be going no matter what. The idea of the poll is to get the confirmed date at the earliest opportunity to allow everyone the most amount of time to get things sorted so that they CAN go.

If you can make any date then don't vote. If you can't make any date then don't vote. If sometime before then 27th you realise that you can make one of the dates, then you will still be free to vote. You can only vote once.

Old 14-01-06, 09:50 PM   #37
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

i've not voted as i can do any of the 3 weekends
Old 16-01-06, 05:27 PM   #38
Ceri JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydog
Good Man

Old 16-01-06, 05:40 PM   #39
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri JC
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydog
Good Man
I did vote but only because I didn't read the instructions

Old 16-01-06, 05:56 PM   #40
Peter Henry

Sythree wrote:

Quote:
I did vote but only because I didn't read the instructions
Whatever happened to the usual "due care and diligence" Mr.Lawyer?