SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-04-14, 06:34 AM   #31
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Default Re: New mobile time - but which network?

Oh a Z1 has a magnetic charge port. So you can charge it up without any water ingress hassle
Old 16-04-14, 07:03 AM   #32
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

So if I've filled 2GB on the current phone is there more on new phones? I've only got about 3 apps like whatsapp, Facebook and tapatalk.
Old 16-04-14, 08:13 AM   #33
PyroUK
Mega Poster

Default New mobile time - but which network?

You have filled the RAM??

Not the normal memory???
Old 16-04-14, 08:16 AM   #34
NTECUK
Mega Poster

The storage on the new phones(and thats what the App's eat up your phone) is often 16G.And that's enought for most things 32G is better
Old 16-04-14, 08:51 AM   #35
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

I'm confused. The phone has 16gb memory and a 16gb card I've added. Of that as I don't have any music on it and move photos to an external hard drive I still have over 25gb of space. However, of the 2gb of ram the phone comes with there is zilch left even though I've switched all the apps you can move to the sd card and deleted any apps I wasn't using. This means apps won't update as there isn't enough space.
Old 16-04-14, 08:55 AM   #36
PyroUK
Mega Poster

That is very odd, the phone (as a computer) should only use the RAM for running apps.

Does your device do multitasking/background running? If so try closing down the other apps.

Also check the settings for passive abilities. Things like geo fences, background app refresh, notifications, location services etc. those functions may use the ram to quickly do their thing as it's fast than accessing the ROM.

If there is anything surplus to requirements on, switch them off and see if that helps.
Old 16-04-14, 09:35 AM   #37
NTECUK
Mega Poster

It might sound odd ,but you might have alot of junk on the phone,I think S2 has its own built in app if not,
Theirs lots of good cleaner apps that will do that for you.
I guess you have done the switch off remove battery and re start route when phones go odd.
Old 16-04-14, 12:12 PM   #38
thefallenangel

Only problem woth my s3 id it loses data signal and takes a restart to get it back but I think its the sim because it started in the last update and then fized for a fortnight after a text from orange and went funny again. That has cost them two customers. Me and her indoors will jump to three sim only and keep our s3 until they let go properly using the savings to pay for the new phone
Old 16-04-14, 03:26 PM   #39
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroUK View Post
That is very odd, the phone (as a computer) should only use the RAM for running apps.

Does your device do multitasking/background running? If so try closing down the other apps.

Also check the settings for passive abilities. Things like geo fences, background app refresh, notifications, location services etc. those functions may use the ram to quickly do their thing as it's fast than accessing the ROM.

If there is anything surplus to requirements on, switch them off and see if that helps.
OK so to save battery I've always switched off all the background running stuff wherever possible. I don't have GPS or bluetooth on ever. I every so often do a close all and check if any apps are running and there aren't.

The phone does eat batter. I have one of the larger batteries fitted and that will normally last me from 6.30am to about 3pm without making any calls!
Old 16-04-14, 03:32 PM   #40
PyroUK
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
OK so to save battery I've always switched off all the background running stuff wherever possible. I don't have GPS or bluetooth on ever. I every so often do a close all and check if any apps are running and there aren't.

The phone does eat batter. I have one of the larger batteries fitted and that will normally last me from 6.30am to about 3pm without making any calls!

And it's def the ram causing the issues with updates?

If you don't have all those functions on the go, there isn't any real reason for the phone to be using that much ram.

Options are:
The os is using it just to function
You have one app that is open a lot and that's using it
There is a glitch in the firmware or the hardware or the software.

Is the phone very slow to respond? Or running as expected? If it's running as expected it prob the os being hungry on the ram. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Ram is there to be used!

When updating apps and getting the issues, are you doing it wireless and does it only happen with apps on the sd card?