SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-09-14, 11:24 PM   #31
Teejayexc

Default Re: Petrol stations and helmets again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
i honestly dont know why people make so much fuss about it.

take lid and gloves off ermm about 20 seconds.
put petrol in bike
take lid into shop and put on counter then pay for fuel
while walking out shop put lid and gloves back on
jump on bike and go

whats the big fuss?
Because Jayne had a flip front, open, in the op. Jobsworth, end off.
Teejayexc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-14, 11:52 PM   #32
Bibio
Mega Poster

yes i can understand that and TBH i agree but lets face facts the large majority of bikers dont like to be told to take their lid off.

i dont know about everyone else but i actually like being a biker. its bad enough that a large portion of the population dont like bikers so why throw more fuel on the fire. manners cost nothing and perhaps one day if a lot of bikers changed their attitude who knows it might make the GP change theirs.

pulling fuel guns out the pumps and riding off or telling people to take their ugly masks off etc.etc is to me ignorant and out of order then you start moaning that the large majority of the GP dont like bikers. remember your not just doing these things for yourself you are a representative for all bikers whether you like it or not as we all get tarred with the same brush.

just my tuppence worth.

Last edited by Bibio; 26-09-14 at 11:54 PM.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-14, 06:42 AM   #33
ophic
Mega Poster

Default Re: Re: Petrol stations and helmets again.

Quote:
ermm as for winter.. do you walk about the streets with your lid on..

i think this is nothing but the fact some people dont like to be told to do something by what they class as minions.
Yes. From bike to office and back, especially if it's freezing or raining. Plenty of others do that as well. Why would you take it off?

On my old commute, 50 miles of motorway, it was really important in winter to get your gear on right or you left gaps for draughts or rain. This includes round the neck and the wrists. It's enough of a faff twice a day without adding every fuel stop, which is also every day. Remember that commuting isn't pleasure riding and you're up against the clock. To put my lid on, I need to take my gloves off and open my jacket, which then requires me to loosen or take of my rucksack. This all needs doing in reverse afterwards. 20 secs? Nearer to 20mins. Hence I also wear a flip front lid. So they can see my face anyway.

As for the minion comment, do you really think Jayne is that kind of English toff or are you just trolling?
Old 27-09-14, 09:41 AM   #34
NTECUK
Mega Poster

There's all sorts of things that geek people

With a flip front lid it's just that step to far for some .
It's personal choice and I would vote with my feet. As it's there shop there rules I'm not saying it's wrong.
Old 27-09-14, 12:05 PM   #35
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophic View Post
Yes. From bike to office and back, especially if it's freezing or raining. Plenty of others do that as well. Why would you take it off?

On my old commute, 50 miles of motorway, it was really important in winter to get your gear on right or you left gaps for draughts or rain. This includes round the neck and the wrists. It's enough of a faff twice a day without adding every fuel stop, which is also every day. Remember that commuting isn't pleasure riding and you're up against the clock. To put my lid on, I need to take my gloves off and open my jacket, which then requires me to loosen or take of my rucksack. This all needs doing in reverse afterwards. 20 secs? Nearer to 20mins. Hence I also wear a flip front lid. So they can see my face anyway.

As for the minion comment, do you really think Jayne is that kind of English toff or are you just trolling?
so what your telling me is that you never filled the bike up after work when you have more time at the nearest garage to home on your 100mile round trip commute so it would be ready for the next day.

why do you have to undo your jacket to take your lid off. dont you have to take at least 1 glove off to pay for your fuel or did you keep your debit card/cash in your tank bag.

taking your lid and gloves off is an inconvenience but there is no point in getting irate about it. if you dont like it then you have a choice.

and yes i'm trolling.

oohh for the record i commuted to work in the 80's when bike gear was really bad.
Old 27-09-14, 01:57 PM   #36
Red ones
Mega Poster

Default Petrol stations and helmets again.

Fill up at Asda. Because they are automats there is no one there so you can do anything you like.
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-14, 02:15 PM   #37
ophic
Mega Poster

Default Re: Re: Petrol stations and helmets again.

Quote:
so what your telling me is that you never filled the bike up after work when you have more time at the nearest garage to home on your 100mile round trip commute so it would be ready for the next day.

why do you have to undo your jacket to take your lid off. dont you have to take at least 1 glove off to pay for your fuel or did you keep your debit card/cash in your tank bag.

taking your lid and gloves off is an inconvenience but there is no point in getting irate about it. if you dont like it then you have a choice.

and yes i'm trolling.

oohh for the record i commuted to work in the 80's when bike gear was really bad.
Sometimes I did. My choice.

I had to undo my jacket to get my lid back on properly. Not to take it off.

Anyway my petrol garage was always fine with my lid on. I'm talking about why I wouldn't want to remove it.
Old 27-09-14, 03:32 PM   #38
Bibio
Mega Poster

i'm confused. i have never had to undo my jacket to put a lid on, in fact its the complete opposite i have always had to do my jacket up first to get my lid on but taking it off again never meant that i have to undo my jacket then do it up again. the only reason i can see that you would need to do this if you were pulling a 'skirt' of some kind down from the lid and into the neck of your jacket, if so then i can see that being a complete nigglymare. suppose 'different strokes for different folks'.

20mins to get a lid on... your doing something very wrong

Old 27-09-14, 04:08 PM   #39
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Quote:
i'm confused. i have never had to undo my jacket to put a lid on, in fact its the complete opposite i have always had to do my jacket up first to get my lid on but taking it off again never meant that i have to undo my jacket then do it up again. the only reason i can see that you would need to do this if you were pulling a 'skirt' of some kind down from the lid and into the neck of your jacket, if so then i can see that being a complete nigglymare. suppose 'different strokes for different folks'.

Maybe if you had one of the balaclava things on.
Imagine going to pay with that on lol
Old 27-09-14, 04:39 PM   #40
SvNewbie

Quote:

You've not met tonyk then huh?