SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 22-09-07, 06:30 PM   #31
ASM-Forever

Default Re: Project Kwak...

I've just realised...Nick is trying to make his bike look like SDMF's
Old 24-09-07, 11:42 AM   #32
Warthog

I can report that the bike looks ace in the flesh, Nick 2 has done a great job with it. On the rideout it faired moderately well, nearly even kept up with my mighty SV (now with BP Ultimate!).
Old 24-09-07, 11:48 AM   #33
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I can report that the bike looks ace in the flesh, Nick 2 has done a great job with it. On the rideout it faired moderately well, nearly even kept up with my mighty SV (now with BP Ultimate!).
Old 24-09-07, 12:23 PM   #34
philbut

yep, the Ninja looked awsome, but them i am biased as i intended to buy a ninja instead of the SV and have been hankering after one ever since. Real nice blue flame can. it can't have looked that bad when you got it mate, forks and calipers etc all looked pretty clean.
Old 24-09-07, 04:33 PM   #35
StreetHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Dreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeam.. Dream Dream Dream!
Old 24-09-07, 04:37 PM   #36
StreetHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbut View Post
yep, the Ninja looked awsome, but them i am biased as i intended to buy a ninja instead of the SV and have been hankering after one ever since. Real nice blue flame can. it can't have looked that bad when you got it mate, forks and calipers etc all looked pretty clean.
It was mostly the bits that I replaced that were shabby. I would have probably replaced them on any bike so turned out nice again!

The Kwak was at a garage today getting a few bits checked. They told me my calipers needed rebuilding in the very near future and then told me that they happened to have a set of 2k miles old calipers exactly the same that they could sell me for £150.. Is that too much for used calipers? Sounds high to me but I don't really know

No more front end squeak tho, new bearings and seals
Old 24-09-07, 05:11 PM   #37
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_1871 View Post
It was mostly the bits that I replaced that were shabby. I would have probably replaced them on any bike so turned out nice again!

The Kwak was at a garage today getting a few bits checked. They told me my calipers needed rebuilding in the very near future and then told me that they happened to have a set of 2k miles old calipers exactly the same that they could sell me for £150.. Is that too much for used calipers? Sounds high to me but I don't really know

No more front end squeak tho, new bearings and seals
[paranoid mode] Seems convenient [/paronoid mode]

Assuming they are A1 condition(and they should be) thats not a bad price. Does that incude fitting though? Might be worth a check on ebay as well, as parts can be had cheap like a budgie.

So how much is this going to cost you all in then? I mean initial purchase/transport collecting/to garage/all the new parts/labour costs.

You probably could of kept the CBR
Old 24-09-07, 05:25 PM   #38
fat_brstd

dont know if they are of any use but ive got a set of sv calipers you can have. probably not up to the same standard as the kwaks ones but you never know.
Old 24-09-07, 05:45 PM   #39
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat_brstd View Post
dont know if they are of any use but ive got a set of sv calipers you can have. probably not up to the same standard as the kwaks ones but you never know.
They don't fit.

Are you sure the calipers don't just need servicing rather than replacing? If servicing is all that is required, then some red grease, new seals and a bottle of brake fluid would be all that is needed.

If you really want to fork out silly money for a caliper service, I'll gladly take your money and do the job myself. Or you can bring yourself and your bike round to my house and you can do it for free while I watch.
Old 24-09-07, 07:13 PM   #40
injury_ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_1871 View Post
They told me my calipers needed rebuilding in the very near future and then told me that they happened to have a set of 2k miles old calipers exactly the same that they could sell me for £150..
LOL yeah, don't buy them, you cant tell when calipers need rebuilding until they start binding, no forewarning if you like. and even then, caliper refurbishment isn't the hardest job in the world.