SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 20-04-09, 08:29 AM   #31
Baph

Default Re: Bikers are a friendly bunch aren't they

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
I was in the Scottish borders
That's the tight rse scots for you! The Welsh always seem to offer a hand when needed.
Old 20-04-09, 09:35 AM   #32
Thingus

Someone on an R1 stopped when i couldn't get mine into gear (footpeg and the rest of the business snapped off ) and he was the only biker to pass me at the time. \o/ community spirit \o/ woo..
Old 20-04-09, 09:37 AM   #33
dawn07

Steady now! I [and all the ecosse posse I know] would all stop to help a fellow biker
Old 20-04-09, 09:50 AM   #34
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn07 View Post
Steady now! I [and all the ecosse posse I know] would all stop to help a fellow biker
I was only messing. No offence intended.
Old 20-04-09, 09:52 AM   #35
dawn07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
I was only messing. No offence intended.
I know!
Old 20-04-09, 10:24 AM   #36
Quedos

the last time i stopped for a fallen biker i got complete hassle - with a by line of "what does she know anyway f*** car drivers!" I did storm back and explain i was a biker just to be greeted with a yeah must be part time biker

doesn't stop me stopping for anyone else though!!!
Old 20-04-09, 10:28 AM   #37
davepreston

white curvy's are the fastest
unlike cage drivers we look after our own cos every other git tries to kill , hurt , damage us. even in the work car i'd stop for a biker
Old 20-04-09, 10:40 AM   #38
Graciepants

ive dropped my bike in a couple of public places, and someone has always stopped to help me pick it up - not just bikers either - but, now dont get me wrong im enternally grateful because its a lovely thing to do for a stanger and id never be able to do it myself - but sometimes i wish they'd just leave me be.
one person went on about how i shouldnt ride my "husbands bike" and how i didnt have a licence and that this was obvious it was gonna happen and he was gonna report me - this is the first time id dropped it and i was almost in tears

another wouldnt leave me alone, kept patting me on the shoulder askin if i as ok, going on about how heavy bikes were for girls and if id just had an off and was ok, and he just wouldnt leave. i was perfectly polite and very grateful but i wasnt to gather togeter to few scraps of dignity i had left and go, but he KEPT going on and on and on about it

and other time it was an entrance to a carpark and the guy helped me pick it up but kept taking to me, so some car driver got VERY arsy, yelled out his window "dont park your f*cking bike there" and almost started a fight with the guy who helped me pick it up. now it was very nice nice for the guy to stand up for me, but i could do it myself and if he'd have let me ride off in th first place after i thanked him and asured him i was ok, the sitution wouldnt have happend!!!
Old 20-04-09, 10:44 AM   #39
davepreston

that would be knight in shiny armour syndrome good looking wee girl, hero to rescue
Old 20-04-09, 10:46 AM   #40
Alpinestarhero

I've had two accidents on two wheels; in either case, no-one has stopped - both happened in busy traffic.

Grrrr

I've pulled over a few times before to offer people help, tools, WD40 etc. Its not nice being stranded, and you don't wanna leave your bike incase someone has it away (broken or not)...so I'll help.

GP; I guess because your the "fairer" gender, guys think they can be your "knight in shining armour"

as for the yellow curvys all breaking down thingy....its quite true...