SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-06-08, 04:57 PM   #31
Warthog

Default Re: So whatcha doin this weekend mateys

Pirate Punting
Old 13-06-08, 05:25 PM   #32
tigersaw
Mega Poster

Tonight - live music, rolling stones, beer
Tomorrow - working out how new phone works, casual gardening, (case of budweiser on hand)
Sunday - watching some of the 173 episodes of Family Guy the tivo has recorded, out in evening to posh hotel, more beer.
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-08, 05:27 PM   #33
MR UKI (1)

Putting my tent up for a bit of practice before AR and to make sure all the bits are there! Followed by lounging around
Old 13-06-08, 05:35 PM   #34
dissuade

tonight - I finished my exams so going on el lasho! Also friend's birthday and off to Sankeys. Good times!

tomorrow - Hangover! And I just discovered that the yellow bag of spanners starts, so I may be out on the bike. Tres bon!!

sunday - I'll cross that hurdle when I come to it. It may involve Gin and/or tonic.
Old 13-06-08, 05:40 PM   #35
Viney
Mega Poster

Naff all.

I might sort the creaky crank out on my pushbike and try to sort out the brakes. Ooo, i do have to have a look at the rear brakes on Vernas lupo, i think it has a warped brake disc.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-08, 06:06 PM   #36
Miss Alpinestarhero

Nothing hugely exciting...

..going to go and have a pub lunch with my mate and play wii-fit (yup I managed to get my hands on the elusive thing 3 days ago)

Maria
Old 13-06-08, 06:06 PM   #37
Pedrosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
Staying at home not riding my bikes and all because I have burnt the crap out of my left hand without realising I'd done it. I rested my knuckles on a water pipe on a VFR400 while balancing the carbs and have cooked the muscle on the back of my hand, and burnt all the flesh off one knuckle to the bone. I didn't feel a thing and now only know it's damaged because my hand keeps going into spasm.

Serves me right for having lasting effects of a mini-stroke and not heeding warnings given by docs I suppose.
When this occurred,would I be correct in suggesting that you whispered words along the lines of...

"You know? That stings a touch,that does."
Old 13-06-08, 07:08 PM   #38
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrosa View Post
When this occurred,would I be correct in suggesting that you whispered words along the lines of...

"You know? That stings a touch,that does."
I didn't utter a word, I didn't feel a thing and still don't. It's not that I'm a rock hard barsteward, which I obviously am, but I had a mini-stroke 3 years ago that left my left hand and arm without any feeling or sensation, except for reduced feeling in my fore and middle fingers.

When I saw the wound I just pulled the loose skin off and carried on. It was later on that I realised I had a problem when my hand swelled up and this morning it kept spasming. Been to see the doc and it's wrapped up in clingfilm because the flesh around the knuckle is quite toasted.
Old 13-06-08, 07:25 PM   #39
neio79

tonight nothing
Tomorrow helping Foxy remove bits of her bike so those robbing Bar stewards at GW dont just take them off and sell them.
Sunday going to see my dad on the bike, may have a hoon on the way down and back!
Old 13-06-08, 09:57 PM   #40
Ed

It all sounds more interesting than my weekend! Local bike mate Brian (GS500) sounds like he might be up for a gad down to Craven Arms & up through Corvedale (part of the Marches route) tomorrow.

Lozzo, that burn sounds really nasty. Hope it all heals up quick