SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 31-03-06, 04:47 PM   #31
Warthog

I agree with the IL4 point someone made here. Screaming IL4s can be a bit annoying if 100 go past, but throbbing powerful twins are never annoying, they even make my heart thump when I hear one go by! I think JC is really funny, and watch Top Gear a lot, but he is still just WRONG about bikes hahaha.
Old 01-04-06, 08:28 PM   #32
Beenz

I love his writing, It will make me laugh even if I don't agree with the view.

Round here you can hear a Chavs' Nova exhaust only..... between 'tracks' of the riddum sounds from the in car music ferry being driven at four miles an hour with the windows down. At least a bike, even a loud one is passed in a second or two.

Sway life iz innit spose doh.

Thinking of my next zorst after first service on Wednesday. Thinking silly
Old 01-04-06, 09:27 PM   #33
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelster
I live about 100 metres from a major bypass and I hear more cars with dustbin sized exhausts than bikes. Plus a bike is gone in a few seconds, where as the Chav in his Nova takes ages to go by....

Clarkson, as usual, is writing it because he knows it will get a reaction. I also think that he gets pi$$ed of with bikes because a £6k GSXR makes his £60k car look slow, and it's that which really irritates him.

Steve u need to move outta that tent and get a house !!

I love Clarkson purely for- and indicated by this thread- the responses he gets.!!...his column in the paper on a saturday is ace !!... soo soo funny and he says what we all think!.
and when he got egged or custard pied the other month- he took it so so well- what a sport..!...

but yea- he is like marmite !

oh and his book is ace!!--- a great read...

he does the bike knocking 'cos Richard white teeth and the open helmet lover guy who are on top gear are both bikers too !!( oo i only just read the link!)

and-- AND-- isnt he the one ruining the countryside with a bloody jet fighter aeroplane thing parked in his drive!!
Old 01-04-06, 11:18 PM   #34
Jelster

Please don't tel me "not to read his stuff" when somebody on this forum actually posts something up about it... I wouldn't normally read it, but as something is posted on a bike forum, and knowing that he's got a problem with bikes, it makes sense for me to read it... Doesn't it ????

I like watching Top Gear as I'm a bit of a petrol head myself. I find Hamster and and the "old boy" amusing; I find JC irritating.

I'd also like to know what time he could put in round the circuit in that crap car too....

As has been said, everybody's welcome to opinions, mine is "Clarksons an ****".

Old 01-04-06, 11:33 PM   #35
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

good retort....

me clapping..

<<<<<<<<<<<< me clapping
Old 02-04-06, 10:18 AM   #36
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

He's got everything he wanted out of that article, an argument, look at you all, taking the bait, once again Clarkson wins...

Take him ith a pinch of salt... He makes me laugh!!!

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-06, 10:52 AM   #37
Jp

A funny read, im another one who likes a someone who expresses themselves publicly, just look how much its riled us forum members up to have a pretty good discussion, we wouldnt have done the same thing if tony has come out in a conference and said

"i, i, ....i think that the current regulations on bike noise are wrong and they should be changed, altho they they do sound very lovely...."

Even if the leg came in, id still have my race can on, as im sure many forum members would, arsed?
Old 03-04-06, 11:04 AM   #38
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelster
I'd also like to know what time he could put in round the circuit in that crap car too....
I think he did the first ever lap. 1m 50 seconds according to the Top Gear Website

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-06, 10:22 AM   #39
PsychoCannon

Whilst I don't agree with him and yes he's being a hypocrite...he's still f****g funny and he knows he's being both at the same time

Personally I advocate loud bikes not just because of the satisfaction but because of all the tits out there that don't look where they are bloody going, at least when they hear you coming they "Usually" look...doesn't mean to say they won't still pull out on you but hey.
Old 04-04-06, 07:40 PM   #40
Alpinestarhero

Well im still bitter that he was given a degree in engineering when he dosnt know anything about engineering! Well, not enough to warrent a degree im sure!

Why cant i get a degree in chem that easuily?!

Matt