SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 14-04-09, 09:50 PM   #31
Kate SV650

Default Re: decided on the new bike!

Cancel the order!! A mate of mine swapped her SV for an ER6. Bought it brand new.....and had to get the swing arm replaced because it rusted from the inside out!! Take care!
Old 15-04-09, 08:25 AM   #32
shonadoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate SV650 View Post
Cancel the order!! A mate of mine swapped her SV for an ER6. Bought it brand new.....and had to get the swing arm replaced because it rusted from the inside out!! Take care!
That's awful. OH has a Kwak, and the finish seems to be better than my sv. A friend of mine had to have the swingarm replaced on her GS500, when it was 6 months old nightmare.

Kawasaki do an extended 4 year guarantee for an extra £200 I think.
Old 15-04-09, 05:08 PM   #33
dawn07

Thanks gals. Appreciate all the advice x
Old 16-04-09, 07:07 PM   #34
Kate SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonadoll View Post
That's awful. OH has a Kwak, and the finish seems to be better than my sv. A friend of mine had to have the swingarm replaced on her GS500, when it was 6 months old nightmare.

Kawasaki do an extended 4 year guarantee for an extra £200 I think.
It was awful, she had to really push to get the swing arm replaced under warranty. She discovered the problem her-self. What if she had put the bike into the shop to get a new tyre fitted and they didn't let on??
What happened to the GS? I previously had a couple of GS's and had no problems with the swing arm.
Do you think my mate's ER and your friends GS were Friday afternoon jobs (or is that just reserved for Italian bikes?? LOL)!
Old 16-04-09, 11:23 PM   #35
-Ralph-

The finish on some chinese bikes is better than the SV

And before anyone says it....especially mine now it's been through a barbed wire fence, I know!
Old 17-04-09, 12:27 PM   #36
Quedos

ER6's rock - but i am biased - never had any problems finish is fantastic and never has missed a beat

and don't go for the naked - was on one on Saturday and the wind is awful
Old 17-04-09, 05:45 PM   #37
shonadoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate SV650 View Post
It was awful, she had to really push to get the swing arm replaced under warranty. She discovered the problem her-self. What if she had put the bike into the shop to get a new tyre fitted and they didn't let on??
What happened to the GS? I previously had a couple of GS's and had no problems with the swing arm.
Do you think my mate's ER and your friends GS were Friday afternoon jobs (or is that just reserved for Italian bikes?? LOL)!
I think they changed production from Japan to Italy or vice versa! There were actually two people with the same problem on the same board, both GS's, same year.

I would push and push and push, and make damn sure I got satisfaction if it happened to me, it's unacceptable. Grrrr!