SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 25-01-12, 02:15 PM   #31
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Default Re: Pulled for doing 70 mph in a 40 zone ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the 6th View Post
WITH NO OTHER VECHILES INVOLVED
This is exactly the case with my local road, both accidents that I saw were separated by at least a mile. No other vehicle involved, just drivers losing it on corners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-12, 02:20 PM   #32
bikeramy

Very lucky, I must admit though i have had a similar event happen to me a few years back. Was going through a real tough time with personal issue and i was driving and all of a sudden this person was up my ****, looks like my now husbands car so i booted it. Turns out it was a policeman, he puled in at the house i was going to and he blocked me in, came out and said he nearly called for back up...I just told him honestly...at the time getting banned was least of my issues, but i tell you what him letting me go certainly did teach me a lesson. If i lost my license life would be very difficult. Someone gets up your **** just stick to the speed limit it's their issue (plus it ****es them off even more)

What gets me is people have ago when you pull out on them or cut them up...how many times have I thought to myself "if he was doing the speed limit he wouldn't have had to slow down" hence speed is a big issue in everyday accidents and why us motorcyclist don't get seen very well. (could rant forever lol).
Old 25-01-12, 02:40 PM   #33
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Actually, confessional time from me, I once got pulled for nailling it down a long, wide open 30mph at 11pm on a friday night with an unmarked car behind me. I was in a rover 214.. Luckily I was 'accelerating so quickly' they couldn't get an accurate speed reading on my vehicle (was probably 50-60mph before I back off back down to 30 and pulled into my mates culdesac).. I was 19 and a complete dunce.

Stern telling off in front of 2 of my friends = I SLOWED RIGHT DOWN after that and have been super sensible ever since.. Learned that any nugget can drive fast, but driving well & properly is far more respectable than being an outright nob.

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-12, 03:12 PM   #34
bikeramy

I say if someone wants to go off speeding, it's cheaper and safer to get on a track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the 6th View Post
Actually, confessional time from me, I once got pulled for nailling it down a long, wide open 30mph at 11pm on a friday night with an unmarked car behind me. I was in a rover 214.. Luckily I was 'accelerating so quickly' they couldn't get an accurate speed reading on my vehicle (was probably 50-60mph before I back off back down to 30 and pulled into my mates culdesac).. I was 19 and a complete dunce.

Stern telling off in front of 2 of my friends = I SLOWED RIGHT DOWN after that and have been super sensible ever since.. Learned that any nugget can drive fast, but driving well & properly is far more respectable than being an outright nob.
Old 25-01-12, 03:28 PM   #35
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Aye... going to cadwell park again soon all being well

That pull was pretty much the biggest turning point in my driving career - the telling off "all it takes is for some old boy leaving the pub, drunk as a skunk stepping out into the road - it'll be his fault because he just stepped out, but you'll be the one who gets 3 years for causing death by dangerous driving.. You wouldn't like prison much, and above that you'd have to live with the guilt for the rest of your life. I personally don't like having to do family liason duties because some idiot was driving too fast & didn't stop to think about the carnage they could create"...

Amongst other comments from the two traffic guys, that really hit home and ever since I've been very respectful of residential areas & speed limits - they're there for a reason, and even though it might not be for pedestrians' benefits in more rural areas, it could well be because the road is too technical to be going much faster than the prescribed limit.

As for OP - lucky boy, take it steady & learn from it. Think about how it could have gone the other way; you could have been posting on here for advice about standing in front of a magistrate.

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..

Last edited by Paul the 6th; 25-01-12 at 03:30 PM.
Old 25-01-12, 03:31 PM   #36
MattCollins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeramy View Post
I say if someone wants to go off speeding, it's cheaper and safer to get on a track.
I like this gal...
Old 25-01-12, 04:07 PM   #37
Reeder

Old 25-01-12, 04:11 PM   #38
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Marcon View Post
Yep got pulled on my bike . The waybu dodge tickets is by getting ur nose so far up the officers **** he changes his mind . Well he sure did let me off . Thank god . Because i pulled out of a round about and he came up behind me i didnt know it was a copper . Thought boy racer so i smoke it . Then the blue lights . Oh god . He sed this bike isnt restricted i sed it is . He was like wheres ur certificate i sed at home . He didnt believe me as i left him. He says he knows loads about bikes . I sed its vtwin all power down lower end . Still chatted **** . But he let me go (thank funk) happy days
Quote:
Originally Posted by FG1 View Post
He should have nicked you on your grammar alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
Dah coppa sed it woz a legual docwument

If this was a business meeting, do think think you'd be able to use good grammar?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCollins View Post
It sounds like a let off... for the speeding.

Unless you're disabled, English is a second language or you're an American there are not too many excuses for lousy grammar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
Play the mid week lottery today mate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
Why? you think he is better with numbers than letters?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepete View Post
He probably couldn't understand you well enough to write the ticket.

Then again, if you did have your nose up his bottom, maybe he was hoping for your phone number instead?

HTH

Pete

Cuz of dees jokez what ppl is been postin blud. Ya can catch it on plus one innit.

Old 25-01-12, 05:19 PM   #39
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeramy View Post

What gets me is people have ago when you pull out on them or cut them up...how many times have I thought to myself "if he was doing the speed limit he wouldn't have had to slow down" hence speed is a big issue in everyday accidents and why us motorcyclist don't get seen very well. (could rant forever lol).
Generally I'd say if you see something coming fast towards you, you don't pull out do you? If you don't have the attention span or skill to assess the speed of another vehicle travelling towards you then you shouldn't be on the road in my opinion. Obviously if somethings going so fast for the conditions it doesn't give you the chance to be seen then fair enough but on a long straight road or motorway... people should be engaging their brains at all times.

What if something's going faster than you expect but still under the speed limit?
A lot of people will drive to (or above) the speed target*, not the conditions.

Sorry to pick you out but I saw someone do this to an copper earlier so thought I'd put the point forward!

* Freudian

Last edited by Dave20046; 25-01-12 at 05:20 PM.
Dave20046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-12, 06:11 PM   #40
tactcom7

One of the worst and most annoying things (and im afraid to say it's women 99% of the time) is people approaching roundabouts and not looking or anticipating. They just drive to the white line, stop then look right. Regardless of if there's anything coming or not!

Grrr.